Some needed levity and a laugh (best O's roster quip in awhile, imho)

NashLumber

Was just listening to WJZ online.

Best baseball quip of the day regarding Steve Pearce's stint on the DL:

"He injured his oblique while reaching for a bag of sunflower seeds." - Jeremy Conn on WJZ

I had to laugh. It was just an off the cuff and slightly off mic quip.

** Edit** I wish him a quick recovery. I think it was just the timing of the quip that hit me that way.

Was just listening to WJZ online.

Best baseball quip of the day regarding Steve Pearce's stint on the DL:

"He injured his oblique while reaching for a bag of sunflower seeds." - Jeremy Conn on WJZ

I had to laugh. It was just an off the cuff and slightly off mic quip.

** Edit** I wish him a quick recovery. I think it was just the timing of the quip that hit me that way.

That was a seedy remark.

You know, lost in both the miserable July and the ridiculousness of the move, we really should appreciate Pearce for doing this. He is a free agent this year too and he is giving up an opportunity to get hot, hit some homers, and pad his stats after a horrible start. This may be his last chance to make some money in this game and he is stepping aside so that the O's can carry Parmelee on the bench and play Travis Snider. Meanwhile, Bud Norris is going out there KILLING US when he is obviously not right, even though he has already $9M in his pocket this year. Why can't Bud injure his oblique? With everything else going on right now, Pearce's unselfishness really should not go unappreciated.

That was a seedy remark.

Eating injuries are real ;) It was like that time I reached for a Tums in the dark by the bedside table and put a round dog treat in to my mouth. It would have rivaled the tanning bed DL stint a few years back.

Didn't Sosa go on the DL from sneezing too hard and jarring his back?

You know, lost in both the miserable July and the ridiculousness of the move, we really should appreciate Pearce for doing this. He is a free agent this year too and he is giving up an opportunity to get hot, hit some homers, and pad his stats after a horrible start. This may be his last chance to make some money in this game and he is stepping aside so that the O's can carry Parmelee on the bench and play Travis Snider. Meanwhile, Bud Norris is going out there KILLING US when he is obviously not right, even though he has already $9M in his pocket this year. Why can't Bud injure his oblique? With everything else going on right now, Pearce's unselfishness really should not go unappreciated.

Pearce is a team guy, most definitely.

This is a great statement, and I believe that Pearce is appreciated by the players and management of the O's. I really like the guy and would like to see him back next year.

Interesting that the Yankees team doctor had to approve that Pearce was injured enough to go on the DL.

I always wondered how that works. I know some DL stints are questioned as "phantom" here and there and I don't know enough about the process to even know. Was it a case of the O's doc not being on hand that day and the NY doc was the quickest way to get an opinion?

Archived