OFFNY

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. Gardner also. Really I think it's very easy to foresee a full month for the Yankees of what the Orioles are going through right now, falling back to a few games above .500 and then playing to their actual talent level the rest of the way and finishing with a similar record as they did the last 2 seasons.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Face Palm Santangelo: "I look at the (sabermetric) scoreboard here in Pittsburgh and I just say...HUH?"</p>— Darren Viola (@RRepoz) <a href="

">July 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trying to find more power?

Been away a few (exciting) minutes. Hardy's swing is SO level, I don't know that up or down would help much. HRs he's almost swinging down on the ball. But I'm no expert for sure.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Face Palm Santangelo: "I look at the (sabermetric) scoreboard here in Pittsburgh and I just say...HUH?"</p>— Darren Viola (@RRepoz) <a href="

Why would you admit that?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Face Palm Santangelo: "I look at the (sabermetric) scoreboard here in Pittsburgh and I just say...HUH?"</p>? Darren Viola (@RRepoz) <a href="

I did the same thing when I was there last month.

I really didn't know what to make of the vertical and horizontal movement measurements for each pitch. I don't have a baseline to understand what the numbers are telling me, how it varies based on types of pitches, or even what +/- means in terms of horizontal movement (for vertical i assumed + is up and - is down).

But without enough context, the numbers added nothing to my understanding or enjoyment of the game. So I just ignored the.

Facepalm me if you must.

Archived