Chen's attitude today

johnnyb

Was no one else bothered by the way he showed up Buck today? Based on the post-game interview, he was angry about being taken out and not really angry about how he performed.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base. Anybody will be angry when you get taken out of the game in that situation. But that's not something I can control and I will just accept it."

I also don't think his frustration about being sent down was truly just Boras telling him how to react.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was no one else bothered by the way he showed up Buck today? Based on the post-game interview, he was angry about being taken out and not really angry about how he performed.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base. Anybody will be angry when you get taken out of the game in that situation. But that?s not something I can control and I will just accept it."

I also don't think his frustration about being sent down was truly just Boras telling him how to react.

Good ridden. Really.

I don't want to see a pitcher be excited about being taken out, but it looked liked he was screaming expletives of some kind as he was leaving the mound.

I guess he's become Americanized. As long as he's not yelling at/or showing up Buck (and that wasn't the case imo), it's just not a big deal.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base. Anybody will be angry when you get taken out of the game in that situation. But that's not something I can control and I will just accept it."

Showed up Buck????? :rofl:

He was mad he didn't perform.

People just looking for ANY flaw! Someone to blame. :ohlord:

I don't want to see a pitcher be excited about being taken out, but it looked liked he was screaming expletives of some kind as he was leaving the mound.

I hope his translator was translating his expletives for everyone on the bench.

Keep in mind his words are being translated from another language, so at lot of context could be lost. It's very possible he was trying to say something like, "I was angry that I gave up a couple of runners and had to put a reliever in that kind of jam. I wanted a chance to work out of it."

Archived