Chen's attitude today

johnnyb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind his words are being translated from another language, so at lot of context could be lost. It's very possible he was trying to say something like, "I was angry that I gave up a couple of runners and had to put a reliever in that kind of jam. I wanted a chance to work out of it."

I was just surprised by the level of anger he showed during the game when taken out. At first I thought it was just frustration with how he performed, but the quote he gave after the game through this translator or otherwise seemed to indicate otherwise. That said, you could very well be right.

I don't want to see a pitcher be excited about being taken out, but it looked liked he was screaming expletives of some kind as he was leaving the mound.

Yeah, Agreed. Not a fan of his new improved Scott Boras impersonation.

Was no one else bothered by the way he showed up Buck today? Based on the post-game interview, he was angry about being taken out and not really angry about how he performed.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base. Anybody will be angry when you get taken out of the game in that situation. But that's not something I can control and I will just accept it."

I also don't think his frustration about being sent down was truly just Boras telling him how to react.

You have to remember a lot of what Chen says comes thru and interpreter right? If he was truly upset with Buck (I didn't read it that way) you know what TUFF...

Yeah, Agreed. Not a fan of his new improved Scott Boras impersonation.

His frustration with Buck has little to do with Boras. Buck does what he thinks is right for the club, and keeps Chen on a short leash with plenty of rest (see the extra AS break time off). I don't Chen likes it. And I am not saying Buck is wrong. He's our manager and he does what's best for everyone.

And doom us for 4th or 5th place.

That's the argument of the sell crowd. Punt this year to win the next several years. While that would probably work... I don't think we need to give up yet. :noidea: Opinions vary.

Archived