Chen's attitude today

johnnyb

If only the rest of our FA's were this mad for wanting to do more. I like Chen. I don't care if he even knows he's not coming back to Baltimore. He can pitch for himself for all I care. But that surely helps us. Right now he's on pace for 200 IP's. He knows that hitting 200 IP and having an ERA under 3 is going to be an even bigger pay day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you watching? I think it a national feed on ASN. Wright does look very good again. Made Nick Franklin look stupid.

He's ok. I think Wright is a reliever. I'd rather see Davies at this point. Not overly impressed with Wilson either.

That's the argument of the sell crowd. Punt this year to win the next several years. While that would probably work... I don't think we need to give up yet. :noidea: Opinions vary.

I wasn't part of the sell crowd until I did the math recently, from here to the end of the season. We have to play somewhere between .610 & .650 baseball the rest of the way from here (depending on how many wins you need for the wild card). If we go for it... well, ok, but it isn't going to be easy.

Are you watching? I think it a national feed on ASN. Wright does look very good again. Made Nick Franklin look stupid.

Since you were on the subject, theses are his final numbers from tonight's game in his thread in the minor league section:

I suppose that you would like to see said thread back in the "Orioles Talk" section ...... have to wait for the promotion, though. ;)

o

18 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Poputs, 1 Lineout (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Thrown Out at Home Plate

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT O(vs. AAA-Durham, 7/26)

IP:. 6

H:;; 4 l(1 Triple, 2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:l) 1

BB: 1

SO: 7

Pitches: 89 (63 Strikes, 26 Balls)

2015 ERA: 2.41 l(AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

10 (91 Strikes, 1 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 8 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 2 Balls)

21 (13 Strikes, 8 Balls)

14 (11 Strikes, 3 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

Keep in mind his words are being translated from another language, so at lot of context could be lost. It's very possible he was trying to say something like, "I was angry that I gave up a couple of runners and had to put a reliever in that kind of jam. I wanted a chance to work out of it."
This might sound dumb, but I'm not sure why Chen needs a translator. There is no translator who comes to the mound when Joseph or Wieters wants to talk with him, or if Buck wants to say something.

I once saw Jimmy Paredes do an interview and he was struggling with his English. Ubaldo occasionally struggles with his English, but not so much.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base...."

uh.......after a couple of home runs & then 'a couple of runners to get on base'....that is 'something' you can control....

don't have a problem, due to Chen's history of faltering after 5, with Buck making the move...thought it was the right call at the time.....still think so

uh.......after a couple of home runs & then 'a couple of runners to get on base'....that is 'something' you can control....

don't have a problem, due to Chen's history of faltering after 5, with Buck making the move...thought it was the right call at the time.....still think so

Me too. Thanks.

Was no one else bothered by the way he showed up Buck today? Based on the post-game interview, he was angry about being taken out and not really angry about how he performed.

"I was taken out of the game because I allowed a couple runners to get on base. Anybody will be angry when you get taken out of the game in that situation. But that's not something I can control and I will just accept it."

I also don't think his frustration about being sent down was truly just Boras telling him how to react.

Isn't this all speculation?

I don't understand why anyone would be perturbed about Chen being mad. Personally, if I was a manager I would always want my pitcher to be pissed about coming out of a game. Its a sign of competitiveness, and I think Chen has tons of it. He just doesn't often show it.

Nothing to see here. Pitchers get frustrated at their managers taking them out all the time, and nothing Chen said was disrespectful in my opinion.

He needs to hang out with Cal and get some pointers on how to spend 20+ years as a star in MLB without ever having said anything memorable. Cal's response to being taken out in this situation, and every situation, would have been "I'm out there giving 110% and trust Buck to do what's right. The boys and I will go get 'em tomorrow."

Archived