Big Ben

Bumps49

Fire somebody. Shift somebody. Add another. I really do enjoy listening to Ben McDonald on the radio. "Give that fan a contract.":)

You can sync the radio audio with the TV feed on the MLB.com app. Watched on the Roku and he was wonderful fun.

Word was a couple years ago was that he wasn't willing to spend that much time away from home.

I know he's got at least one daughter involved in softball. Maybe when his kids are grown, we'll hear him more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orioles should have Jim Palmer and Ben McDonald as the primary color analysts with Bordick as the backup when Palmer and McDonald are unavailable. I also don't know why the Orioles have Fred Manfra doing radio instead of Jim Hunter. Manfra would be fine as a studio host and backup TV play by play man but he struggles doing play by play on the radio. He's just not very good at describing the action going on in the field and his fly ball perception is terrible. He has a tendency of over-explaining things because he has trouble keeping up with the action. Hunter does a much better job describing what's going on in the field and his homerism is tempered down on the radio. It's puzzling why they haven't switched places already.

The Orioles should have Jim Palmer and Ben McDonald as the primary color analysts with Bordick as the backup when Palmer and McDonald are unavailable. I also don't know why the Orioles have Fred Manfra doing radio instead of Jim Hunter. Manfra would be fine as a studio host and backup TV play by play man but he struggles doing play by play on the radio. He's just not very good at describing the action going on in the field and his fly ball perception is terrible. He has a tendency of over-explaining things because he has trouble keeping up with the action. Hunter does a much better job describing what's going on in the field and his homerism is tempered down on the radio. It's puzzling why they haven't switched places already.

Ben McDonald appears to like his SEC full time job. He only appears to be available once their season is over.

Archived