O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan was allowed to go. Toronto backed off when they were told the price. They are a very poorly run organization. With a lot of money.

Being "allowed to go" by holding him at a king's ransom is a bit of an interesting leap of reasoning. I do agree that we should have had a king's ransom, but let's not pretend that Angelos and gang weren't standing in his way.

Possibly true. That said, he has 5 years remaining on his contract. And the O's can hold on to him for that length. If he tries to screw his current employer, it'll show in results well before his contract is up. And that would screw him.

Dan is only under contract through 2018. And he will be in Baltimore until then. Unless someone wants to trade for him.

Being "allowed to go" by holding him at a king's ransom is a bit of an interesting leap of reasoning. I do agree that we should have had a king's ransom, but let's not pretend that Angelos and gang weren't standing in his way.

He was very happy that they honored his request to entertain compensation. Toronto was the team that chirped out there.

They want out of Gryko's contract so bad that adding him takes away a huge prospect you have to give up.

Ross

Upton

Gryko

Gausman

Wright

Sisco

comp pick

I still would not make that deal Upton is way to streaky for my liking. If you pick him up he may carry you deep inot the playoffs but also may hit .170 with a strikedout per game. He has been god awufl lately so is he going to continue or go red hot.

Gryko will make 22 million the last two years of his contract. San Diego back loaded the crap out of their contracts and know are tryjing to get rid of them.

I'm starting to wish the Rays swept them.

I never wish that but am with you 110% here. I am very disappointed to here this. I am holding out hope that this is misdirection. If they don't trade the assets they have I believe that DD is indeed leaving and he may be hurting the franchise long term as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were one of the guys who was all about fairness and allowing advancement, then I am certain we can be friends while disagreeing completely.

Archived