The Comp Balance pick, I mean the $2M, I mean Ben Rowen got called to majors by Chicago Cubs

Crazysilver03

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rowen was part of the Ryan Webb deal. Opted out after he wasnt even assed to our 40 man roster. Signed with Cubs. Called up to majors today.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Congratulations to him. Saw him pitch for Bowie

Rowen's peripherals were unimpressive. I suppose he might have been better than Norris at this point but not a big deal imo. We have better pitchers. Good luck to him with the Cubs.

2.0 BB/9. 0.998 WHIP. Those are good numbers. I defended the move at the time thinking that the O's regarded him as a legit prospect. I was not aware of the opt-out at the time. It really did amount to selling the pick, as many posters argued. By inclination I tend to defend DD and the O's, but this was a bad move.

Rowen's peripherals were unimpressive. I suppose he might have been better than Norris at this point but not a big deal imo. We have better pitchers. Good luck to him with the Cubs.

I'm not sad about losing Ben Rowen. I'm sad about losing the draft pick that we gave to the Dodgers so that they would take on Ryan Webb's salary. Ben Rowen and Charlie O'Brien were always just fig leaves to disguise the fact that the Orioles gave away a draft pick just to save some money.

The cubs love former O's. Arrieta, Hammel, Wada, Strop and now Rowen. For a team that's got such a good farm system, they sure do need a bunch of O's rejects. This is why the NL is the B league.

I agree; Cubs suck. Booooooooooooooooo, Cubs.

Duquette shot himself in the foot twice. Let's throw away a compensation pick, acquire Rowen...and then let him walk. Meanwhile we leave players who can't contribute whatsoever to this team (Norris) still on the roster because Duquette is living in some form of Imagination Land where he thinks Norris is tradeable. Guess what? He should have been DFA'd weeks ago.

Duquette shot himself in the foot twice. Let's throw away a compensation pick, acquire Rowen...and then let him walk. Meanwhile we leave players who can't contribute whatsoever to this team (Norris) still on the roster because Duquette is living in some form of Imagination Land where he thinks Norris is tradeable. Guess what? He should have been DFA'd weeks ago.

The pick wasn't about Rowen, it was about Webb's salary.

Now you can question why Dan was in a position that he couldn't simply eat that money. Maybe picking up Everth Cabrera used up the rest of the budget? Maybe those higher up told him he had to find someone to pay for Webb? We won't ever know.

But it wasn't about Rowen.

Archived