Worse Sweep Ever

CA-ORIOLE

I actually feel worse about the teams chances after this and I should be ecstatic. Thankfully Atlanta is almost totally inept on offense (but hey the don't K very much) and I thought there pitching wasn't that good, especially tonight. I don't even think Tillman was very good.

We just have to get a lot better out there.

Oh and Parmelee coming into as a defensive replacement for Flaherty at first a base? Even if you think Parmellee is better defender at first than Flaherty, the whole concept of this is insane.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not complaining about winning, I can't do it. After all those losing seasons, complaining about the way we swept a team just doesn't feel right.

Winning needs to start somewhere. Confidence has a lot to do with playing better and this is a start.

Since when does winning involve quality and style points? Anyone else remember two years ago when the one dot trolls kept complaining that the Orioles didn't "beat up on bad teams?" Would you rather they'd lost the series? This is a flawed team, and everyone knows that, and nothing that happens or doesn't happen come Friday is going to change that. Winning is never a bad thing, and no sweep is ever worse than another. Ever.

I actually feel worse about the teams chances after this and I should be ecstatic. Thankfully Atlanta is almost totally inept on offense (but hey the don't K very much) and I thought there pitching wasn't that good, especially tonight. I don't even think Tillman was very good.

Oh and Parmelee coming into as a defensive replacement for Flaherty at first a base? Even if you think Parmellee is better defender at first than Flaherty, the whole concept of this is insane.

Need to go 39-20. That's a tall task no matter how the team looks.

I sort of agree with you. My gut feeling is that this is an 86, 87 win team. If the Braves series encourages DD to empty out the farm system even more to trade for rentals in an effort to "win now", it could end up hurting this team in the long run.

I disagree with your comments about the sweep, but what is going on with Parmelee? He's on the 25-man so he can be Flaherty's caddy at 1B? Leaving aside who is a better fielder at 1B -- I think it's close, but Parm has more experience there -- if Buck prefers to start Flaherty, there's no point in having Parmelee take up a spot. Maybe he's around just until Pearce comes off the DL.

Archived