DFA Bud Norris...

EagleOriole

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that i agree with DD on every move, but it is amazing the lengths some people go to to try to make DD seem like a failure.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

He had an absolutely miserable offseason this past year signing guys like snider, wright and parmalee and resigning guys like matusz and young.

How else could you possibly view what happened?

He had an absolutely miserable offseason this past year signing guys like snider, wright and parmalee and resigning guys like matusz and young.

Sure. He had a bad offseason. But you are trying to say he has hurt this franchise more than he has helped over his tenure. That is simply not true.

It's only miserable because of the results. Had they lived up to what they'd done in the recent past, it would have been a slam dunk.

Why do you have to have a scapegoat because things didn't work out as planned? How is that productive? Maybe you should blame the players.

It's only miserable because of the results. Had they lived up to what they'd done in the recent past, it would have been a slam dunk.

Why do you have to have a scapegoat because things didn't work out as planned? How is that productive? Maybe you should blame the players.

Pointing out what has happened this season is not scapegoating. It's taking a step back and focusing on reality.

Not a single move mad this offseason has worked out. Not one. I didn't even remember to include De Aza or Garcia.

Sorry, we were a AL championship caliber team who signed scraps from other teams and made bad re-signings in the offseason and the results are the .500 team we see currently.

It's still much better than the dark days. But as I said, Dan really cost us a chance to be special by not bringing in more talent. That's how I feel. It's not scapegoating bad performances by the players. When it's universal that everyone we signed or resigned has sucked, sorry, that's on the gm.

Pointing out what has happened this season is not scapegoating. It's taking a step back and focusing on reality.

Not a single move mad this offseason has worked out. Not one. I didn't even remember to include De Aza or Garcia.

Sorry, we were a AL championship caliber team who signed scraps from other teams and made bad re-signings in the offseason and the results are the .500 team we see currently.

It's still much better than the dark days. But as I said, Dan really cost us a chance to be special by not bringing in more talent. That's how I feel. It's not scapegoating bad performances by the players. When it's universal that everyone we signed or resigned has sucked, sorry, that's on the gm.

Sure DeAza didnt work out as a player but he netted us a decent prospect that has looked really good at Bowie. For all the complaining people like to do about him not restocking the farm they like to over look the fact that he turned two D or C- prospects into one B or B+ prospect.

And I dont know how you can say Garcia didn't work out since he is still with the organization. That is another attempt at adding talent to the organization.

By the way, i would say the Chaz Roe signing was a success. So he did have at least a single move work out.

Haven't we been over this before?

Was a very weak market for pitching.

Dan might have tried.

Oh I see..

So I guess "been over this before" means DFA-ING him is mor value?

Weak or not, he should have been moved Corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I see..

So I guess "been over this before" means DFA-ING him is mor value?

Weak or not, he should have been moved Corn.

Dont know why you are getting into it with CoC, since he wanted Norris traded more than anyone else on this board.

On a serious note, why didn't we trade him last offseason?

Serious question, since you say "he should have been moved," looking at the numbers why after last season would you single out Bud for trade over Boras client, Chen? What do you project the market was, and an example of the possible return, for a slightly above league average RHP?

It's precisely that.

Being honest with ourselves, who has really worked? He lucked into Cruz. That's about it. None of the rule 5's have been really worthwhile (maybe flash but debatable that he's had much of an impact), very few FA signings have worked out and the trades for Norris, Feldman and ditching arrieta have all backfired big time.

The miller trade helped us tremendously last year, avoiding resigning markakis and getting Cruz were all solid moves to be fair.

But Dan has not been the savior of the O's some want to make him out to be. Far from it in fact.

Here we go. Dan is either the exalted god of baseball who can do no (or very little) wrong. And anyone who criticizes DD's moves is not giving proper worship.

Or else DD is a complete bum who has no idea on how to put a team together. Anyone who praises any of DD's moves is guilty of DD-worship.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, wouldn't you think? Can't we discuss DD's successes and failures without all of the defensiveness between the pro-DD people and the anti-DD people?

Serious question, since you say "he should have been moved," looking at the numbers why after last season would you single out Bud for trade over Boras client, Chen? What do you project the market was, and an example of the possible return, for a slightly above league average RHP?

I actually like Bud. Chen is def more reliable though.

Archived