DFA Bud Norris...

EagleOriole

I actually like Bud. Chen is def more reliable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A LHP would have had more trade value, and several of their numbers last season were comparable. Therefore, if we were to second-guess Dan on not pulling the trigger, then why not Chen instead of Norris? If anyone tells me they knew last winter that Norris would have a season like this, they would owe me a new bullcrap detector.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bud Norris gives me Sidney Ponson flashbacks every time I watch him pitch.

That's the thing. Back then I would make a joke before Ponson's starts, "Are we going to get the good Sidney tonight or his evil twin Sydney?" That's the thing, Sid sometimes pitched brilliantly! Rarely but sometimes. Bud has been awful from his very first ST start, thru ST, into the season starting, and now continuing out of the pen. Just awful, EVERY time!

A LHP would have had more trade value, and several of their numbers last season were comparable. Therefore, if we were to second-guess Dan on not pulling the trigger, then why not Chen instead of Norris? If anyone tells me they knew last winter that Norris would have a season like this, they would owe me a new bullcrap detector.

My biggest argument was that Chen was always more likely to net a draft pick. Even if Norris hadnt been as bad this year i didnt think he would net a pick.

But yeah, no one could have predicted he would have fallen apart like he did.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My biggest argument was that Chen was always more likely to net a draft pick. Even if Norris hadnt been as bad this year i didnt think he would net a pick.

But yeah, no one could have predicted he would have fallen apart like he did.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This. Even if Bud was good this year, on his way to another double-digit win year, he's not worth the $16 million gamble, or whatever the QO is this year.

Anybody with a triple digit IQ isn't going to get into the, what should we have done with Norris before the season, garbage. This board has so many gifted with prescience I'd be shocked if you weren't professional psychics.

That doesn't matter. It's July 31st, he's awful, he's been awful, please just stop using him as he is killing us and has no upside.

Pointing out what has happened this season is not scapegoating. It's taking a step back and focusing on reality.

Not a single move mad this offseason has worked out. Not one. I didn't even remember to include De Aza or Garcia.

Sorry, we were a AL championship caliber team who signed scraps from other teams and made bad re-signings in the offseason and the results are the .500 team we see currently.

It's still much better than the dark days. But as I said, Dan really cost us a chance to be special by not bringing in more talent. That's how I feel. It's not scapegoating bad performances by the players. When it's universal that everyone we signed or resigned has sucked, sorry, that's on the gm.

Just more nonsense.

At the beginning of the offseason I wrote that this would be a kind of transitional season, with Wieters and Machado coming back from injuries, the departures of Cruz, Markakis, and Miller, significant payroll increase due to arb eligibility, and a bunch of guys in their walk years. There were too many variables at play to predict where this team would end up.

Some would have liked to have seen 40% of the team replaced. I was right there with them, but I also recognized that would have been very difficult to sell after a trip to the ALCS.

What I suggested then was that the O's would probably have to keep the team intact, as much as possible, and see where they were at the non-waiver trade deadline before deciding whether they were buyers or sellers. That's pretty much the way it has played out. I point this out because I want to be clear that where I am right now with the offseason hasn't changed as the season progressed.

Maybe you knew, without a doubt, that not one of Snider, Pearce, De Aza, or Young would produce to their career averages at the plate, or that Bud Norris would be completely ineffective. If that's so I take my hat off to you. You are in the wrong business.

Anybody with a triple digit IQ isn't going to get into the, what should we have done with Norris before the season, garbage. This board has so many gifted with prescience I'd be shocked if you weren't professional psychics.

That doesn't matter. It's July 31st, he's awful, he's been awful, please just stop using him as he is killing us and has no upside.

I think Bud has reached the point of no return. I hope we all said our goodbyes last night.

But if we trade him and another team turns him into a staff ace, it will literally be the worst trade ever since Glen Davis, and we simply can't have that happen.

But if we trade him and another team turns him into a staff ace, it will literally be the worst trade ever since Glen Davis, and we simply can't have that happen.

He's not pitching as badly or as often as Jake did.

In my view, this should be our first deadline "acquisition" - DFA Bud and promote Givens. If Givens, as it seems, is nearly untouchable in trades, he should be with the big club in the pen. Alternatively, you could go with Mac, Wright, or Wilson if you wanted some length, but I think it is time to bring up Givens.

It's time to get our 25 best to Baltimore. Bud simply is not one of them. I like Bud, but we are trying to make the playoffs. It's time.

Yeah, I agree that Norris has to go. While we're at it, get rid of "Homerun Hunter", Lough, and Parmalee. Promote Alverez, Wilson, and Walker. Personally, I'd get rid of Flaherty too. How many chances is Buck gonna give this guy? He's just not MLB material.

For the love and god and everything that is holy please DFA Bud.

He just had to come in and serve another 4 runs up over a couple innings. Could have been in this game.

Yeah but Ubaldo looked like toast most of last season until the very end and he has had a bounce back season. Who's to say Bud isn't capable of it too?

Archived