Tommy Hunter to Cubs for Junior Lake (Deal Done)

sipper65

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this would be a deal most of us could get behind. I like Tommy Hunter, he seems like a good guy and has very under appreciatively done a good job since going to the bull pen save for the start of last year. But, between Givens, Wright, Wilson, Drake, and others, there's plenty of in house guys that can take his spot for less.

Now this would be a deal most of us could get behind. I like Tommy Hunter, he seems like a good guy and has very under appreciatively done a good job since going to the bull pen save for the start of last year. But, between Givens, Wright, Wilson, Drake, and others, there's plenty of in house guys that can take his spot for less.

If that is true then Norris needs to go as well.

The whole MASN thing is really starting to concern me. We are going to trade someone who is pitching well to create flexibility in the pen but we are keeping Norris who is terrible? We need money that much to deal Hunter? I see today how a team like the D'Backs want Chapman and how they are going to increase payroll.

I dont think that is the case at all. Hunter is 4th on the depth chart in the bullpen with the emergence of Roe. His spot can be handled by a league minimum rookie.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was told Os would much rather deal Norris than Hunter, but have had no takers on Norris. For weeks they've wanted more flex in bullpen</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just DFA Norris already I mean really.

It will happen shortly after the deadline (if he's not moved before then).

Archived