Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

He looks good at the top of the order, that's for sure. I don't know that he's an upgrade considering he's been basically average for his entire career and is suddenly killing the baseball. I saw someone mention that his defense has been poor this year. And of course, being a rental makes this a complete head scratcher... what we're ultimately doing is replacing Parmalee with Chris Davis and replacing Davis in the OF with Parra. That doesn't seem to be the kind of move I'd make if I was serious about improving the lineup to win a title.

On the other side, I like Zach Davies, but he was always pitching way ahead of where everyone thought he should be. I don't know if it's his height or what, but he was defying odds. Was it all going to come crashing down? Who knows. I guess we'll find out shortly.

He said "giant leap", that debatable.

Regardless, he is right. Awful trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parra has been worth -2.1 dWAR this year (-.7 at each OF spot). By the way, we have a pitching staff predicated on superior defense. He is a lot better offensively.

I'm not getting any younger I want to see the O's in the playoffs. Snider et. al. isn't going to do it for me. Parra might. Who is Davies? The next CY? I doubt he's the next Ed Rod. We need someone who can get on base in front of Manny.

Last night i was rallying against the move but i have warmed up to it. With the addition of Gunkel it makes it easier to part with one of the ML ready arms. Would have preferred someone better than Parra but will root for him nonetheless.

I started thinking this morning that if you are within reach you should try to go for it since you never know when you will have a disaster season when built well.

Will be interesting to see who comes off the active roster for him.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Parra has been worth -2.1 dWAR this year (-.7 at each OF spot). By the way, we have a pitching staff predicated on superior defense. He is a lot better offensively.

For his career, including this year, he has been very good in right field, which is where I assume he's going.

I'm not getting any younger I want to see the O's in the playoffs. Snider et. al. isn't going to do it for me. Parra might. Who is Davies? The next CY? I doubt he's the next Ed Rod. We need someone who can get on base in front of Manny.

This is probably what Os are hoping for and desperately need.

@masnSteve: In 31 games this year when batting leadoff, Parra is hitting .384/.432/.632 with 1.064 OPS.

And two years ago he had great WAR defensive numbers. I would take those numbers with a grain of salt and judge for yourself when he gets here.

To me it's simple. Parra will clearly help us in LF and batting leadoff. Better yet, Manny can slip down to two or three where he should be hitting. Will we sign Parra in the offseason?

Yes: This is a great deal

No: This is a very poor deal

It's that simple to me.

Paul, you need to add a "meh" option to the poll. Davies is nothing special but I'm not particularly high on Parra as a player and I don't think he'll make a difference on whether this team makes the postseason or not.

I'm kinda here too. Parra is better than what we're trotting out there now, so he helps. I don't get upset when we try to win.

Though I'm not looking forward to each new thread when Davies records an out.

Davies and Hader back in the same org now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk