Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

Get ready for another decade of losing if they trade for Cespedes.

I would imagine they were not trading Gausman, Bundy, or Harvey in a potential Cespedes deal. And dealing Wright/Walker/Wilson plus Lough/Snider, or whatever it would take, does not equate to a decade of losing.

But hyperbole is fun.

To me it's simple. Parra will clearly help us in LF and batting leadoff. Better yet, Manny can slip down to two or three where he should be hitting. Will we sign Parra in the offseason?

Yes: This is a great deal

No: This is a very poor deal

It's that simple to me.

An extension has nothing to do with the trade. The trade is for 2 months. An extension is what would be paid to sign him as a FA anyway.

I would imagine they were not trading Gausman, Bundy, or Harvey in a potential Cespedes deal. And dealing Wright/Walker/Wilson plus Lough/Snider, or whatever it would take, does not equate to a decade of losing.

But hyperbole is fun.

A decade of losing would be what, Manny, Schoop, and Gausman for Cespedes?

Thanks, DD. I was really hoping the team would finish 83-79 instead of 79-83. That makes a huge difference to me. Orioles fans will remember your brilliance and dedication for years to come for helping make a third-place AL East finish 4 games out of the WC happen in 2015. There will be highlight videos, T-shirts, and even rap songs celebrating this trade for decades. In fact I think I'm going to get Parra '15 tattooed on my arm.

Thanks, DD. I was really hoping the team would finish 83-79 instead of 79-83. That makes a huge difference to me. Orioles fans will remember your brilliance and dedication for years to come for helping make a third-place AL East finish 4 games out of the WC happen in 2015. There will be highlight videos, T-shirts, and even rap songs celebrating this trade for decades. In fact I think I'm going to get Parra '15 tattooed on my arm.

Parra will be worth 4 wins over 2 months?

My feelings are a little mixed. I can't say Parra won't move the needle. If he continues to hit as well as he has so far this year, that does move the needle a bit IMO. But, there's a pretty significant risk that he'll revert to his .737 OPS self, and in that case, this is a disaster. Either way, Davies is a high price to pay for a two month rental. So, I am against this trade, but if Parra produces at anything like his current level for another two months, it will soften my feelings about it.
Currently our LF is.210 .283 .330 .612, so you don't think a worst case .737 won't move the needle?

An extension has nothing to do with the trade. The trade is for 2 months. An extension is what would be paid to sign him as a FA anyway.

He's going to love the clubhouse chemistry and Buck's managing and resign.. it's all part of the trade calculus.