Travis Snider to be DFA - Connolly (Actually was Parmelee - Accepted Outright to Norfolk)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say Travis Snider is odd man out for DFA once Parra reports. Os likely will have to eat what's left of his $2.1M salary if no trade</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="https://twitter.com/danconnollysun/status/627212613009702912">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dan Connolly was wrong.

It ended up being Chris Parmelee.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would probably choose Parmelee over Snider as well.

They have both been disapointments, but I think that Snider has underwhelmed in almost all aspects of the game.

In addition to his lack of pop, he has been a hazard at times on the bases and in the field.

Parmelee at least plays a decent first base. However, Parmelee may not last too long either.

Plus defender at 1B, also can play corner OF. Not much difference between the two in the bat.

Buck and DD loooooove versatility.

Not sure why this has been accepted as fact. He's an average 1st baseman at best, IMO. He's made quite a few miscues at first.

Because he can play 1B. And potentially play that position next year if he catches fire over these last two months and the Orioles want to be ultra-cheap this offseason instead of paying for an impact player to replace Davis.

I think just about anyone could play 1B.

Archived