Travis Snider to be DFA - Connolly (Actually was Parmelee - Accepted Outright to Norfolk)

weams

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Parra L/RF

2. Machado R/3B

3. Davis L/1B

4. Jones R/CF

5. Wieters S/C

6. Schoop R/2B

7. Paredes S/DH

8. Hardy R/SS

9. Rei/Sni S/LF

Joseph, Flaherty, Lough, Rei/Sni

Not bad. Not great.

I like it. It does really look like there is one less hole in the lineup. Wieters batting 5th is a bit of a concern, he's been sub-par.

I like it. It does really look like there is one less hole in the lineup. Wieters batting 5th is a bit of a concern, he's been sub-par.

Yeah, DD was in the booth tonight and mentioned guys not hitting well. He clearly meant Wieters and Hardy (and I guess some of the AAAA types that have tanked). I won't miss Matt at all. At all.

Yeah, DD was in the booth tonight and mentioned guys not hitting well. He clearly meant Wieters and Hardy (and I guess some of the AAAA types that have tanked). I won't miss Matt at all. At all.

I though Hardy was hitting well?

But he is hitting real well right now. Isn't he?

.788 OPS since the break. Good for a SS, certainly better than he had been hitting. Dan was talking about the seasons guys were having. The point was, I think Dan (and the rest of us) were hoping Hardy would have contributed more to date.

.788 OPS is terrific for a shortstop -- if he can maintain his career average (.728) for the rest of the year I'll be a happy camper.

Wieters is OPSing .747, which is actually not too bad for a #5 hitter. I just don't know if he can keep it up - I'd feel better if he were hitting lower in the lineup. All comes back to poor corner OF hitting.

So the bench is now Joseph, Flaherty, Snider and Lough. Seems like we have one too many LH's now. Parra is going to play everyday. Reimold looks like he is winning ab's from Snider and Lough at the other corner spot. Whether is RH SP or not. With Parra and Reimold being able to play CF in a pinch, Lough should come up with an injury till 9/1, and we should bring back Delmon or call up Walker/Alvarez/Mancini. Looks like Pearce is going to be out at least another 10 days.

Doing some looking ahead it looks like we will face 4 lefties through 8/12. So i'd have the lineup vs LHP as

Manny 3b R

Parra RF L

Jones CF R

Davis 1B L

Wieters DH S

Reimold LF R

Hardy SS R

Joseph C R

Schoop 2B R

Buck's going to have to just suck it up and DH one of the catchers those games.

• 2 weeks later...
Snider was released, which means no one wanted him on waivers and apparently the Os didnt want to send him to Norfolk. Probably to let him try to find another major league job.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So if someone signs him to the league min then they would deduct the prorated portion of the salary they pay him from what we contracted him for and we are responsible for the rest right?

Just wondering if I am remembering that correctly.

So if someone signs him to the league min then they would deduct the prorated portion of the salary they pay him from what we contracted him for and we are responsible for the rest right?

Just wondering if I am remembering that correctly.

You would he correct.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived