Travis Snider to be DFA - Connolly (Actually was Parmelee - Accepted Outright to Norfolk)

weams

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really mystified by what happened with Snider this season. Was he depressed, drinking, passive/aggressive toward Buck or what? :scratchchinhmm:

Never got the feeling Buck thought he was a nugget. Probably wasn't.

I hope DD and Buck were on the same page about him. Shades of the K-Rod fiasco?

I think Buck was upset about Nick not being brought back. In one interview, it seemed like he was about to say that the team would regret not signing him, but he stopped himself and said, "I can't say that or I'll get in trouble."

• 3 weeks later...
That relieves the O's of paying 95K of Sniders salary.

The Angels also called up Wesley Wright which saves another 95k.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Least valuable American League outfielders according to <a href="https://twitter.com/baseball_ref">@baseball_ref</a> WAR:

-1.5 - Torii Hunter

-1.2 - Hanley Ramirez

-1.2 - Dustin Ackley</p>— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) <a href="

">September 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some other bad outfielders.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Least valuable American League outfielders according to <a href="https://twitter.com/baseball_ref">@baseball_ref</a> WAR:

-1.5 - Torii Hunter ��

-1.2 - Hanley Ramirez

-1.2 - Dustin Ackley</p>— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) <a href="

">September 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some other bad outfielders.

Just in case any of you want to say that it is only cheap, AAAA, bargain basement, Duquette signings that fail miserably. Oh yeah. Those guys cost REAL money.

Just in case any of you want to say that it is only cheap, AAAA, bargain basement, Duquette signings that fail miserably. Oh yeah. Those guys cost REAL money.

Pretty sure HanRam has been hurt. His defense was atrocious, but that's because the Red Sox are a bunch of morons. He's never been known for his defense...and they want to throw him in LF...one of the harder places to play at Fenway Park? Just idiotic.

Yes, there were bad signings. But I'd imagine signing a half dozen players and having every single one of them fail miserably is far worse, IMHO. Mainly because they're trying to fill 3 positions...sometimes 4 (LF, RF, 1B, DH).

Archived