Rosenthal: No Deal

33rdst

According to KR the Cubs will not trade for Brian Roberts before opening day. Given the players mentioned on Rotoworld. I think we should keep Brob.

Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Cubs won't trade for Brian Roberts prior to Opening Day.

Rosenthal says talks are at an impasse. It's believed the Cubs offered Ronny Cedeno, Sean Gallagher, Donnie Veal and a lesser fourth player for Roberts. Sean Marshall's name has also come up frequently.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7949132/Sources:-Roberts-to-Cubs-looking-unlikely

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing wrong with keeping a top 5 2B. It removes a question mark in both the field and the batting order. A great start and a well-timed (although not encouraged) injury could bring more interested teams into the equation and net us a better haul of players.

That's fine with me. If AM doesn't think he's getting back a proper return, then don't do the deal. No need giving away one of the best lead off men in the league. And who knows, if this organization actually gets a break or two and a few guys blossom early he may stay here long term.

Archived