Danny Valencia DFA by Toronto

Crazysilver03

I want him acquired yesterday. I know we have to wait the 10 days for him to be traded, but if released we should be all over that. The current bench as Lough and Snider on it. Both LH OF's who really are going to have their AB's cut because of Parra.

Valencia is a LH masher and would be the perfect DH/LF type against them. Plus is team controlled through 2018. I know the Jays probably wouldn't, but I'd even be willing to give up a decent prospect for him.

He will need to go through waivers to be traded. My guess is that someone will claim a hitter with an .838 OPS and try to work out a deal. If he falls to us we should claim him.

Having a losing team claim him would be idea. Then we could just deal for him. Having the Jays trade him to an NL contender would not be ideal.

Pretty sure BJs don't want a MLer since they need the roster spots for their high-priced additions.

I'd like to see Valencia as our DH and PH against lefties; I enjoyed seeing him come up for us against LHers. But I don't think it would be a good idea to have two roster spots for DHs who are defensive liabilities and would spend little or no time in the field. I'd love to have him around in September.

Valencia is a better fit for us than anyone that was available outside of Parra. Of the "Realistic" options. The Jays just depleted their system. I'd throw them a decent minor leaguer for him. He wouldn't be just a rental. He could fill the the role of RH LF/DH through 2018.

Valencia is a better fit for us than anyone that was available outside of Parra. Of the "Realistic" options. The Jays just depleted their system. I'd throw them a decent minor leaguer for him. He wouldn't be just a rental. He could fill the the role of RH LF/DH through 2018.

They won't trade with us.

Archived