Huge, huge West Coast Road Trip

FanSince88

Upcoming road trip is big.

Seattle and the A's have bad records but both could win their series if the Orioles bats don't perform.

4-5 will be the bare minimum. Anything less will be a major setback. Someone else in the WC race will probably make some sort of decent run over this stretch so it's up to the O's to keep pace.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7-2 would be ideal. 6-3 good. 5-4 necessary. I think they go 7-2 or 6-3. Their pitching is consistently good unless they're playing Detroit or Toronto and is especially strong against the weaker offenses, which all three of these teams have. I predict the offense will also be good enough to win. They're due for a major bounce back in the BABIP department in August which will help a ton and the past 2 seasons they have followed up poor offensive months with very good ones. If the offense has a good month in July, the Orioles will be in 1st when September rolls around.

It's a couPle of weeks later but this is essentially the road trip that got the national media talking about the Os being the real deal last year. The As hadn't collapsed yet but after Britton blew a save in the first game the Os recovered and had a winning road trip against the As Angels and Mariners. A winning road trip this year will go a long way too.

The SP for the Tigers series was bad. In game 1 Gonzalez went only 3.1 innings and gave up 5 runs. 5 relievers came in. Chen in game 2 went 3.1 innings and gave up 6 runs. 4 relievers were used. Gausman was good in game 3 giving up only 2 runs. 1 reliever. Yesterday Jienez lasted 4.2 with 6 runs. 2 relievers were used. Could be a long trip.

I don't think we can afford to go below .500 for any extended stretches at this point in the season. If we go 4-5, our season will be pretty much over.

I'm not sure I'd be that dramatic about it. However, I do think we need to have a winning record on the road for the remainder of the season, and this is a good time to start, considering that Oakland and Seattle have losing records and the angels are one of the teams we are fighting for a wild card spot.

Archived