Orioles go out of their way to protect future investment

PressBoxOnline

I dunno, pretty derpy article IMO. Garcia isn't going to come up until rosters expand unless the 'pen gets toasted a few times and they have to send down Givens. Givens was already the guy that was going to replace Tommy Hunter next year, so the O's made the wise decision to get anything for Hunter while they could.

Neither the Hunter nor Norris move had really anything to do with Garcia specifically. It was just to get one guy who stunk out of the 'pen (Norris) and one guy who you had a cheaper/better replacement for already (Hunter/Givens) and gain a bunch of flexibility while you were at it. Garcia is a bonus, but we're not seeing him until September.

This post is completely wrong. Garcia is on a rehab assignment with a length of 30 days. It will be over midweek. He has to be back on the roster as a Rule 5 player.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This post is completely wrong. Garcia is on a rehab assignment with a length of 30 days. It will be over midweek. He has to be back on the roster as a Rule 5 player.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think you can buy 72 hours at the end in travel time. So lets say...Saturday at the latest? Right?

Archived