Is Wieters hurt?

wildcard

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wieters' injury and lack of production are costing himself some serious money. I've got to say that, while I wouldn't wish injury on anybody, I do hope this makes a difference in arbitration eligible players and their willingness to get some guaranteed money. It can definitely happen. Are you listening Tillman, Schoop, and Machado?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you really want to sign Tillman long term?

If he continues to stink you have to wonder what will happen this off season. Is he really going to get a large contract from someone (including the pick)?

I think he'll accept a QO and try to rebuild his value w a healthy year.

Depending on what's going on around that, I might be ok w that scenario.

LOL, he is clearly worth more than that.

Of course. I just poke at open-ended questions. "Would you sign him long term?" That depends. What are the risks with a long term contract? Being committed to someone who's not producing. How to mitigate that? With terms and conditions that the player would find offensive!

With Matt unable to play regularly and Chen doing his Bud Norris imitation of late, Davis may be the only QO candidate left by the time the season ends.

No, I think you still stick all three of them with QOs. Boras' ego is definitely our friend here. Wieters would have to have a total collapse, maybe even be physically unable to perform, before Boras would even consider taking a QO. And there's almost no performance that would force him to do that with Chen.

No, I think you still stick all three of them with QOs. Boras' ego is definitely our friend here. Wieters would have to have a total collapse, maybe even be physically unable to perform, before Boras would even consider taking a QO. And there's almost no performance that would force him to do that with Chen.

And then we sign them both in late March. Hot diggety!

Archived