Where Do You See The Orioles Spending Their $ This Offseason?

Rene88

Will we see a diminished payroll next year as the result of the MASN dispute?

It is doubtful we sign any of MW, Chen, Crush or DOD.

So what say you?

Do you think we will be aggressive enough to get any big pieces this offseason?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what say you?

No. Parra type OF, Buehrle type SP, and Napoli type RH bat off the bench.

Snider shouldn't come back. Matusz shouldn't either. But at least he is a major leaguer and have some big moments that might make us consider it. But those chances are slim.

I'd like us to lock up Machado and extend Adam. Then give O'day a fair market value contract. If he want's to go where the most money is then I can't blame him, but at least make him a realistic offer(3/24). I wouldn't mind Parra back on like a 4/30 deal. Then who knows. Wilson is the 5th starter. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and fill RF/1B/DH with Parades, Reimold, Alvarez, Walker, Urrutia, Mancini, Clevenger, Pearce, D.Young, 4A Guys.

Just like losing Cruz and Markakis stunk for this year. Losing Davis will be the same. DD just needs to be more proactive in the trade market. Players like Bruce and Puig.

So what say you?

69178692.jpg

Can someone post what we have committed for next year $$ (roughly).
$89M if we bring back all the arbitration and pre-arb guys. Actual hard commitments are $41.8M. If we non-tender Matusz and DFA Snider, that saves us about $6M.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2015-payroll-salaries.shtml

I believe the Orioles will spend 100 million next season unless the MASN case is resolved in their favor.

My official prediction:

OF bat: One of Parra, Span, or Fowler. Whoever will take the fewest years and dollars. I'm thinking a 3 to 4 year contract in the 40-50 million dollar range.

SP: Someone that can be signed to a reasonable contract. Maybe an A.J. Burnett or Mark Beurhle one year stop-gap type.Yovani Gallardo or similar player to a three year contract.

O'Day is resigned 4/28.

I would like to see Justin Upton or Jason Heyward signed (preferably Upton) and if you can't land either of them then resign Chris Davis. However, I don't see those things happening. This team has not spent on premium free agents since 2004 so no reason to think something will change in 2015. I think Wieters accepts the QO and tries to rebuild his value for 2017. I'd be happier if he walked though.

Archived