Where Do You See The Orioles Spending Their $ This Offseason?

Rene88

Will we see a diminished payroll next year as the result of the MASN dispute?

It is doubtful we sign any of MW, Chen, Crush or DOD.

So what say you?

Do you think we will be aggressive enough to get any big pieces this offseason?

15 players between $2-6 MM a piece.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you think no other team will offer more than a 1 year deal for Wieters?

And does anyone see the Orioles pay O'Day 3/21-24. If Miller got 4/36 what's O'Day worth on the open market. He's 2years older but set up guys are getting pretty valuable

I would like to see:

1B Napoli (2 years/$22 million)

LF Fowler (4 years/$44 million)

SP B. Anderson (2 years/$24 million w/option)

RF Parra (4 years/$44 million)

Anderson is a risk. He has been injured a lot, but he is having a good year. Also, not sure I am the best at "guessing on AAV.

If we were able to sign Anderson, I would consider trading Miguel Gonzalez as I think Tyler Wilson could replace his production at a fraction of the cost.

I would figure our line-up to look like this:

LF Fowler, RF Parra, 3B Machado, CF Jones, 1B Napoli, 2B Schoop, DH Parades, SS Hardy, C Joseph

Our bench: C Clevenger, UTIL Flaherty, OF Lough, 1B/DH Walker

#1 Tillman, #2 Jimenez, #3 Anderson, #4 Gausman, #5 Wilson

Bullpen: RH Bundy, RH Roe, RH Givens, RH Wright, RH Brach, LH Cabral/McFarland, CL Britton

I think our payroll is around $120 million.

I would like to see:

1B Napoli (2 years/$22 million)

LF Fowler (4 years/$44 million)

SP B. Anderson (2 years/$24 million w/option)

RF Parra (4 years/$44 million)

Anderson is a risk. He has been injured a lot, but he is having a good year. Also, not sure I am the best at "guessing on AAV.

If we were able to sign Anderson, I would consider trading Miguel Gonzalez as I think Tyler Wilson could replace his production at a fraction of the cost.

I would figure our line-up to look like this:

LF Fowler, RF Parra, 3B Machado, CF Jones, 1B Napoli, 2B Schoop, DH Parades, SS Hardy, C Joseph

Our bench: C Clevenger, UTIL Flaherty, OF Lough, 1B/DH Walker

#1 Tillman, #2 Jimenez, #3 Anderson, #4 Gausman, #5 Wilson

Bullpen: RH Bundy, RH Roe, RH Givens, RH Wright, RH Brach, LH Cabral/McFarland, CL Britton

I think our payroll is around $120 million.

Closer to 130M if we non tender Matusz and Snider. Much more if we extend Manny and or Tillman. Can't sign all those players at those contracts and extend Manny/Tillman

A big part of what is spent next year will be based on what the overall strategy for next year will be. Is it treated like a true rebuilding year? Do they try and stay competitive in a more competitive AL east?

I don't see them backing down, but without serious free agent commitment to this will be a weaker team.

A big part of what is spent next year will be based on what the overall strategy for next year will be. Is it treated like a true rebuilding year? Do they try and stay competitive in a more competitive AL east?

I don't see them backing down, but without serious free agent commitment to this will be a weaker team.

This team will be "re-tooled" and will be expected to compete for a division title next year. They aren't wasting prime years of Jones, Machado, Schoop and others to be wasted on a down season of rebuilding.

This team will be "re-tooled" and will be expected to compete for a division title next year. They aren't wasting prime years of Jones, Machado, Schoop and others to be wasted on a down season of rebuilding.

Good post.

I also agree.

There is a good core on this team, a total rebuild is not needed.

Some pieces are, and I like your use "re-tool".

Closer to 130M if we non tender Matusz and Snider. Much more if we extend Manny and or Tillman. Can't sign all those players at those contracts and extend Manny/Tillman

Definitely non-tendering Matussz and Snider. Extend Manny, not Tillman yet and do not re-sign Parra, instead sign Pearce back at less than half that contract and let him compete with Lake and Alvarez for RF.

Archived