Who leaves for Garcia? (Update: Givens Recalled)

Rene88

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think it is Tyler McFarland or Givens (I hope not there) or Snider.

I would hope it would be Snider or Reimold. What say you?

I would imagine it has to be a pitcher right? Prob TJ since we have multiple guys who can give a few innings.

Reimold has actually been hitting and being productive at the plate. He just missed a HR yesterday and drove in a run with a single. I think he is a slightly better fielder than Snider too. But I think the Os are hanging on a glimmer of hope that Snider can somehow produce something close to what he did in the second half last year... They are both expendable especially once Pearce returns.

McFarland or Snider. Probably McFarland. DD doesn't want to pull the plug on a guy (Snider) he gave 2 prospects up for.

I think you are right. I don't agree with it and don't like Snider, but I think he kicks the can until 9/1 in an attempt he redeems himself next year (ugh).

I am not sure how you teach bat speed or range in the OF.

Edit: a DL stint wouldn't shock me

I think they may just DFA Garcia. I see no reason to give up any players on our roster, particularly current members of the pen for him. They can option Givens or McFarland, but I just don't think it's worth it at this point.

And, I don't think Duquette cares anything about the two prospects he gave up for Snider. If Duquette has proven anything during his time in Baltimore, it's that he is perfectly willing to cut a guy loose even if there's dead money or prospects involved. Now, he won't throw away a $50 million investment in Jiminez, but that's a whole other magnitude of cost.

I think they may just DFA Garcia. I see no reason to give up any players on our roster, particularly current members of the pen for him. They can option Givens or McFarland, but I just don't think it's worth it at this point.

And, I don't think Duquette cares anything about the two prospects he gave up for Snider. If Duquette has proven anything during his time in Baltimore, it's that he is perfectly willing to cut a guy loose even if there's dead money or prospects involved. Now, he won't throw away a $50 million investment in Jiminez, but that's a whole other magnitude of cost.

I doubt they have gone this far and seen Garcia's velocity increase to cut bait. I think your post is a good one though, don't necessarily disagree. I would be shocked if they DFA-ed Garcia at this point.

Nolan. Or just send TJ back down. Either.

I doubt they have gone this far and seen Garcia's velocity increase to cut bait. I think your post is a good one though, don't necessarily disagree. I would be shocked if they DFA-ed Garcia at this point.

Garcia is back up to 98 last time I saw him.

You dont throw away Garcia with 25 days left. It is worth it to add him to the farm system.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

McFarland or Snider. Probably McFarland. DD doesn't want to pull the plug on a guy (Snider) he gave 2 prospects up for.

Probably this. Even though he won't be back next year. DD hangs onto his assets until his hand is forced. So I see Mac going. Then if we need an arm Givens or Flaherty could be sent down. Unless we really extend the pen Snider is here till rosters expand, and at that point none of this will matter because everyone will be up.

Here's what we should do: Mac for Garcia. Snider for Walker(for Fri vs Heaney LH) & Nuno on Monday 8/10. Then we could send Walker down for an extra arm if need be.

Here's what we will do: Mac for Garcia. Parades has to bat RH on Friday & Mon.

We are scheduled to face LHP on

Friday 8/7 Heaney

Monday 8/10 Nuno

Then 9 straight RHP's.

Probably this. Even though he won't be back next year. DD hangs onto his assets until his hand is forced. So I see Mac going. Then if we need an arm Givens or Flaherty could be sent down. Unless we really extend the pen Snider is here till rosters expand, and at that point none of this will matter because everyone will be up.

Here's what we should do: Mac for Garcia. Snider for Walker(for Fri vs Heaney LH) & Nuno on Monday 8/10. Then we could send Walker down for an extra arm if need be.

Here's what we will do: Mac for Garcia. Parades has to bat RH on Friday & Mon.

We are scheduled to face LHP on

Friday 8/7 Heaney

Monday 8/10 Nuno

Then 9 straight RHP's.

In that case I can see the Non Duquette guy Reimold DFA'd and Junior Lake brought up during that stretch.

Garcia isn't going anywhere.

I think they option McFarland. Duquette isn't going to cut bait with Snider as he's still available for another year. That and who has really taken the other COF spot? Lough? Nope. Reimold? < 700 OPS and a 93 OPS+. So I wonder if they stick with Reimold/Snider going forward until Pearce is back. Then they'll reevaluate.

Archived