Chance to Buy a Real WS Ring -- from a Cubs fan

Migrant Redbird

I bet both eBay and PayPal are salivating over the prospect of this thing actually selling. It'd be worth almost a year of my paltry selling efforts! :o

No bids posted yet. I think that his $15,000 starting bid grossly over values the ring to prospective buyers. Yes, it's "better" than the souvenir rings sold to the general public, but I would expect that the rings given to actual players would have higher value, with the rings given to coaches, trainers, and clubhouse manager being next in line, followed by those rings given to lower level employees.

Its value to me, even though I'm a Cardinals fan, would be limited to what I could get for it in resale. Jewelry has little value to me unless there's a personal, sentimental connection. A ring given to some stranger who just happened to be employed in the Cardinals group sales office has no personal, sentimental value to me at all.

Somewhere out there, there might be an "idiot" for whom that ring would be worth $15,000. He hasn't found that "willing buyer" yet.

Archived