Loewen Back in the League

Camden_yardbird

I've always rooted for the guy, even though I didn't like the way he left the organization. What a crazy career he's had. I wonder if there has ever been another player who made the majors as a pitcher, had to go back to the minors to become a position player and made it back to the majors that way, then got sent down and became a pitcher again and made it up to the majors a third time as a pitcher. It's a rather incredible feat -- would make a good Disney movie one day.

Almost forgot about his cup of coffee with the Blue Jays in 2011, he played in 14 games that year.

Fun fact: He hit one HR in his entire MLB career (so far, of course), and you'd probably assume that it was against the Orioles. You'd be right. Something Tommy Hunter will always be able to hang his hat on.

That was kind of a rough year.

Former Oriole Adam Loewen has been called up by the Phillies. Adam is back to trying his hand at pitching and has actually put up a successful sub 3.00 ERA at triple AAA Lehigh Valley. I wish him the best of luck, what better place to try and get it all back together than Philly.

If I remember correctly, pitching effectively was never his problem. It was health; he kept having arm issues? One of the main reasons he transitioned to to a position player.

Archived