James Loney Would Welcome A Trade

JayGibbons31

Would any of you trade Ray for Loney, whether it was directly or indirectly(ie in a 3 team trade)??

In a second.

Parrish has real good stuff, I don't know what bars him from being a closer if he keeps his walk rate low 3's. His strikeout rates are similar and could even climb if he doesn't spend as much time behind in the count.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd probably need a bit more in return, but yeah, I'd move Ray for Loney and a decent (org 5-10) prospect.
I'd do it straight-up - I wouldn't require anyone else. I think that's a fair deal.

I also agree that Parrish + Williamson works if both are throwing well at the deadline.

Well when is that going to happen? Parrish does NOT have the same stuff as Ryan

Sorry but you are wrong...Parrish's pure stuff is as good as Ryan. His command isn't as good right now..That is the difference. Ryan is also more deceptive with his delivery.

Let's not forget that many people on here(bigbird, where are you??) wanted BJ off of this team because they never thought he would get command and be much of anything. Parrish can definitely be right there with Ryan IMO....Of course, he has to get BJ's command first.

You serious? Ryan is very good because his delivery is extremely deceptive. Parrish has put together a good month and has never proven to have consistent control. Parrish will always be a middle reliever in my book.
Parrish's delivery isn't quite as deceptive as Ryan's, but he does hide the ball very well.

Parrish had a 3.46 ERA over 78 IP in 2004, so he has had success before. His biggest problem throughout his career has been control. Since coming back from the surgery, his control has been excellent. Admittedly it hasn't been much of a sample size since he's been back, but he's always been a guy that it was painfully obvious would be a great reliever if he got through his control problems. If he's done that, and I think he has, then theres very little chance he won't be a great relief pitcher.

Well when is that going to happen? Parrish does NOT have the same stuff as Ryan
He has very similar stuff, actually. Ryan is a lot taller, but Parrish has comparable velocity, which is impressive.

The difference is the control, which obviously was Ryan's problem once as well. No reason Parrish can't overcome it, too.

Sorry but you are wrong...Parrish's pure stuff is as good as Ryan. His command isn't as good right now..That is the difference. Ryan is also more deceptive with his delivery.

Let's not forget that many people on here(bigbird, where are you??) wanted BJ off of this team because they never thought he would get command and be much of anything. Parrish can definitely be right there with Ryan IMO....Of course, he has to get BJ's command first.

Pure stuff!? Parrish works in the high 80s and touches 91-92 occasionally. He does have some good movement on the FB though. His plus pitch is the slider that snaps off pretty good, but he doesn't have control and deception like Ryan. Ryan is far and away a better lefty than Parrish. Parrish's FB rates a 50-55 on a 20-80 scale and slider is 55-60. Ryan out-stuffs Parrish on both pitches, especially the slider which rates a 65-70

This is what I suggested 10 posts earlier, and I got blasted? Must be the rep.

You did? Sorry i missed it. I think this is the way to go.

I am not sure if the Dodgers would want Ray but someone would want him and if we can send him to another team and have them send a player to LA.

Parrish's delivery isn't quite as deceptive as Ryan's, but he does hide the ball very well.

Parrish had a 3.46 ERA over 78 IP in 2004, so he has had success before. His biggest problem throughout his career has been control. Since coming back from the surgery, his control has been excellent. Admittedly it hasn't been much of a sample size since he's been back, but he's always been a guy that it was painfully obvious would be a great reliever if he got through his control problems. If he's done that, and I think he has, then theres very little chance he won't be a great relief pitcher.

Ryan is much more deceptive...ask any scout or hitter who faces him

Pure stuff!? Parrish works in the high 80s and touches 91-92 occasionally. He does have some good movement on the FB though. His plus pitch is the slider that snaps off pretty good, but he doesn't have control and deception like Ryan. Ryan is far and away a better lefty than Parrish. Parrish's FB rates a 50-55 on a 20-80 scale and slider is 55-60. Ryan out-stuffs Parish on both pitches

Is that you scouting?

It's not that BJ Ryan isn't better, it's that Parrish could be really, really good.

Pure stuff!? Parrish works in the high 80s and touches 91-92 occasionally. He does have some good movement on the FB though. His plus pitch is the slider that snaps off pretty good, but he doesn't have control and deception like Ryan. Ryan is far and away a better lefty than Parrish. Parrish's FB rates a 50-55 on a 20-80 scale and slider is 55-60. Ryan out-stuffs Parish on both pitches

Both Ryan and Parrish work in the low 90's.

I am not sure what your argument is. I just said that Parrish needs to get better command before he can be on Ryan's level but that has nothing to do with pure stuff and Parrish is right there with him.

Both Ryan and Parrish work in the low 90's.

I am not sure what your argument is. I just said that Parrish needs to get better command before he can be on Ryan's level but that has nothing to do with pure stuff and Parrish is right there with him.

Its not just command, Ryan's FB appears so much faster because of the deception. Parrish doesn't have that quite of an advantage and he usually works in the high 80s (prior to the TJ surgery). Haven't seen reports on his new speed yet

Is that you scouting?

It's not that BJ Ryan isn't better, it's that Parrish could be really, really good.

Mostly my scouting, plus some input from other scouts. Parrish is peaking right now IMO...this is the ceiling

Ryan is much more deceptive...ask any scout or hitter who faces him

I didn't say he wasn't. I just said that Parrish hides the ball well also.

I'm not saying Parrish is going to be the best LH reliever in the game like Ryan is (he or Wagner). I just think he can be a very good reliever. Comparing him to Ryan is an easy comparison because they throw the same pitches, have similar velocity, and followed similar career paths. Ryan went from good stuff with command problems to a solid setup man to a dominant closer. Right now Parrish is still in the good stuff with command problems phase, but he apears to be moving into the solid reliever/setup man phase. Who knows if he can make another jump up, but to completely dismiss the idea is pretty irresponsible.

Archived