Hardball Times: Trading Disgruntled Players

weams

People are already assuming a "bad offseason" and complaining about it in advance and imagining scenarios where it will hurt our team.

Hilarious.

I get multiple new thread posts about our 2016 and beyond failures daily.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People are already assuming a "bad offseason" and complaining about it in advance and imagining scenarios where it will hurt our team.

Hilarious.

There is a contingent of advocate fans who think that making a lot of noise about something will somehow make an impact on the way the front office and the local media approaches an issue and reports on it. And possibly with enough support, influence direction.

It is well noted that both Orioles Executives and Baltimore Media participate in this forum at varying levels. Friends, family, and players themselves as well. So I guess in some strange way this is continuation of the 200 fan walk out of 13 years ago.

It's humorous.

If they replace Davis production with a guy that puts up what Travis Snider just did, and replaces Chen with what Norris just gave us, it's not a stretch to say this will. E a sub .500 team next year. And history doesn't give me any evidence the Orioles will look to add impact players this offseason.

You picked two of the worst examples, and guys who performed far below their career averages. Nobody could foresee that Norris or Snider would perform that badly.

If you ask me, DD is no more to blame than a number of players who all simultaneously underperformed. That's on them, not him.

Hilarious.

Why is it hilarious? Other than Cruz falling into their laps, when was the last good offseason. It's hilarious people think that them having money to spend this offseason means anything.

There is a contingent of advocate fans who think that making a lot of noise about something will somehow make an impact on the way the front office and the local media approaches an issue and reports on it. And possibly with enough support, influence direction.

It is well noted that both Orioles Executives and Baltimore Media participate in this forum at varying levels. Friends, family, and players themselves as well. So I guess in some strange way this is continuation of the 200 fan walk out of 13 years ago.

It's humorous.

You started a thread about disgruntled players. I mentioned Adam Jones. If you didn't want any responses discussing Orioles, what was the point putting it in the Orioles forum.

You picked two of the worst examples, and guys who performed far below their career averages. Nobody could foresee that Norris or Snider would perform that badly.

If you ask me, DD is no more to blame than a number of players who all simultaneously underperformed. That's on them, not him.

Snider has been a bust his whole career. And honestly, who's underperforming?

If the Orioles have another horrendous offseason, they may be looking at trading a disgruntled Adam Jones.

And since when is AJ disgruntled? The team is playing pretty well and in the

thick of the WC race or even could win the east. So why would Adam be

disgruntled at all?

I understand that. But that is not the way any professional player (in any sport) thinks. And the OP I was referring to was about disgruntled players.

And DH was insinuating was Adam could be disgruntled if the O's have a bad

offseason. Sorry but I think that is nonsense.

You better believe after last offseason he will be way more outspoken this year. Right from the beginning. He wasn't cool with Markakis leaving. He surely won't be cool if MW, CD, Chen and O'day all leave.

He is a team player. You think he would say hell screw it and quit trying? That I

don't think would ever happen with AJ.

You started a thread about disgruntled players. I mentioned Adam Jones. If you didn't want any responses discussing Orioles, what was the point putting it in the Orioles forum.

I never said you could not talk about him. When did I say you could not say your pierce? I'm telling you that he is not disgruntled. We've had disgruntled players, we will have them again. Adam is not that guy. He is so much better and stronger than anyone we have had for such a long time.

I put it here to discuss whatever is relevant. Feel free to talk about any disgruntled Orioles that you know of.

I never said you could not talk about him. When did I say you could not say your pierce? I'm telling you that he is not disgruntled. We've had disgruntled players, we will have them again. Adam is not that guy. He is so much better and stronger than anyone we have had for such a long time.

There is zero reason to think that Adam is disgruntled. There is a huge difference between being upset that the season is not going the way they wanted and "disgruntled". Adam strikes me as a guy who knows and feels the O's should have a better record and is not shy about expressing that at times. Nothing wrong with that, the team should have a better record.

I could see Adam becoming very impatient with the team if we do not surround him with pieces this offseason that will keep them competitive but that is in the future and time will tell.

There is zero reason to think that Adam is disgruntled. There is a huge difference between being upset that the season is not going the way they wanted and "disgruntled". Adam strikes me as a guy who knows and feels the O's should have a better record and is not shy about expressing that at times. Nothing wrong with that, the team should have a better record.

I could see Adam becoming very impatient with the team if we do not surround him with pieces this offseason that will keep them competitive but that is in the future and time will tell.

Adam loves Nick too.

I actually think that Adam is a little disappointed that some of his teammates have not performed to the level the should have, I believe he is quite passionate, and want to do more than just play baseball to impact this world.

I actually think that Adam is a little disappointed that some of his teammates have not performed to the level the should have, I believe he is quite passionate, and want to do more than just play baseball to impact this world.

That is kinda where I was headed also. I would also say that Adam is also a pretty good critic of himself at times.

All I know is I thank our lucky stars we have him, Manny and Schoop to build the offense around. There are a number of teams that would like to have that to build from.

Archived