Hardball Times: Trading Disgruntled Players

weams

I am not sure where your going with that at all.... Adam is smart enough to know that this is how business is done. Guys come and go.

He simply responded to Nick being gone. It was just his emotional response. And then he moved on from it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He simply responded to Nick being gone. It was just his emotional response. And then he moved on from it.

Gotcha...completely agee. Considering how long they played together I would shocked by any other reaction. That does not mean though as you point out, that Adam does not understand the business reasons for the decision

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Snider has been a bust his whole career. And honestly, who's underperforming?

Snider still played worse here than his career numbers. Norris was a disaster. Hardy's bat is still sorely missing. Basically every single guy who stood in left has underperformed (Pearce, Reimold. Lough), and let's not forget the guys who played themselves right off the team (Young, De Aza, Cabrera). Every single one of the hitters mentioned above hit well below their lifetime OPS. And when even Lough does that, and yet they still trot him out there because nobody can seemingly hit any better, you know it's bad.

Snider still played worse here than his career numbers. Norris was a disaster. Hardy's bat is still sorely missing. Basically every single guy who stood in left has underperformed (Pearce, Reimold. Lough), and let's not forget the guys who played themselves right off the team (Young, De Aza, Cabrera). Every single one of the hitters mentioned above hit well below their lifetime OPS. And when even Lough does that, and yet they still trot him out there because nobody can seemingly hit any better, you know it's bad.

I never expected much out of the names you mentioned. I think they all did what many expected. And I don't think many expected too much from them.

Why is it hilarious? Other than Cruz falling into their laps, when was the last good offseason. It's hilarious people think that them having money to spend this offseason means anything.

They have made the playoffs twice and yet to have a losing season under DD - he is doing something right regardless of whether you want to admit it. Our payroll drops to $85 million after this season (w/ arbitration, minus Matusz). The payroll this year was $120 million. They will have $35 million to spend. He will make some moves to bolster a strong, young core.

Archived