Are the O's giving it their best shot? Or should they?

wildcard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Buck uses Lake as a platoon guy vs lefties I don't think he moves the needle enough to make the playoffs. I don't expect Mancini to match his AA numbers but what if he hit 300/340/460/800 playing against all pitching. That could really help.

To me if the O's stay with Garcia for the next 20 days it might weaken the pen enough to miss the playoffs. Sure didn't help last night. I would have liked to have Givens available to pitch.

The O's haven't been giving it their "best shot", since they let Cruz and Markakis leave in Free agency and replaced them w/ Snider, Parmalee, Riemold and random AAAA players. I wasn't a fan of resigning Markakis, but none of our OF other than Jones has come close to Markakis' production. Of course, Cruz's 33 HR and 1.000 OPS would be good in the middle of the lineup.

No one believes that Giancarlo Stanton will finish his contract playing for the Marlins. The O's could have signed Cruz for 4 years, knowing they would trade him after 2 seasons.

It makes no sense to give up on Garcia now, that they only have to keep him until September 1st to be able to send him to the minors next year. How many options does he have left?

He currently has no options.

If the O's hold onto him then he will have three options.

The whole idea behind the Rule V draft is that the players in question are not on the 40 man roster.

They really like a 22 year old that has four pitches, never pitched above A ball to this year, doesn't get hammered by major leaguers, that can throw 98. You are right, it is not data driven.

Exactly, and people are beating their heads against the wall to suggest otherwise. They see plenty of upside or he would have been gone already.

Buck and the various coaches within the organisation see this kid day in day out. They must see something intangible which makes them want to hold onto Garcia. Given there is only a few weeks till the rosters expand, I can't see this changing.

Given our rush to part ways with EdRod last season, I will give them the benefit of the doubt if they feel there is something there.

So far, I haven't seen any reason as to why we should be holding on to Jason Garcia. He hasn't shown enough to benefit the team and he hasn't shown enough to make him a threat with someone else in the division (other than being able to throw heat).

As far as Mancini, I'd like to see him play in the bigs but just because he can play at AA doesn't mean he can play at the top level. Then again, they did give Givens a chance and he's proved to be successful thus far.

If you havent seen a reason then you don't want a reason.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If we're really giving it our best shot then trade for Shields, send Gonzo to the pen and hope for the best. Also why not bring up Alvarez too. I don't want these things, well maybe Alvarez, but if you're going to go for it then GO for it

So replace Gonzo with about the same pitcher for a lot lot more.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived