Chris Davis and Game Winning Hits

Redskins Rick

"Game Winning RBI" is not an official statistic but some sites track it anyway. The GWRBI is awarded to the player who drives in the run that eventually provides the margin of victory. So Chris Davis gets the GWRBI last night since he drove in the 3rd run.

According to "Sportingcharts.com" (link below), AJ and JJ lead the O's with 10 GWRBI, while Davis has 9.

To me the definition is a bit arbitrary. One could just as easily define the GWRBI as whoever drives in the run that puts the team ahead for good, for instance.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/mlb/stats/player-game-winning-rbis/2015/

"Game Winning RBI" is not an official statistic but some sites track it anyway. The GWRBI is awarded to the player who drives in the run that eventually provides the margin of victory. So Chris Davis gets the GWRBI last night since he drove in the 3rd run.

According to "Sportingcharts.com" (link below), AJ and JJ lead the O's with 10 GWRBI, while Davis has 9.

To me the definition is a bit arbitrary. One could just as easily define the GWRBI as whoever drives in the run that puts the team ahead for good, for instance.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I was thinking about this the other night, after Davis hit the grand slammy against Oakland, that he has come up with some key hits for this club.

Davis' pace since the ASB projected over a 162 G season would result in 78 HR and 212 RBI.

Is that good enough for the Orioles to offer Davis a four year,44 million dollar contract? We would miss him more then Cruz because then you have two big bats out of the lineup. Parra is not a home run hitter and JJ seems to be in the 10 homer range over the last two years. Schoop could make up some of the difference.

Is that good enough for the Orioles to offer Davis a four year,44 million dollar contract? We would miss him more then Cruz because then you have two big bats out of the lineup. Parra is not a home run hitter and JJ seems to be in the 10 homer range over the last two years. Schoop could make up some of the difference.

Four year, fourty four million is nowhere near what he will be getting. Maybe double that per year

I think so. We still have room for Nick.

That isn't what the stat meant when it was kept as an official stat. When it was an official stat it was the latter definition, the run that puts the team ahead for good.

Archived