Padres sign Bud Norris

blangtang

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Padres will pay him the prorated major league minimum.

This saves the O's about 158K

It's amazing that that amount of money is piss money for even the lowest MLB payroll, yet that same amount would be a windfall for many posters on the OH.

It's amazing that that amount of money is piss money for even the lowest MLB payroll, yet that same amount would be a windfall for many posters on the OH.

Good perspective. Yeah, the guys we poke fun at are all better than we would have ever be. It's another world of competition.

I do wonder though if I would be able to get 1 hit in 30 at bats:) sooner or later I'd get lucky! Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good perspective. Yeah, the guys we poke fun at are all better than we would have ever be. It's another world of competition.

I do wonder though if I would be able to get 1 hit in 30 at bats:) sooner or later I'd get lucky! Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather foul a ball of me and end up on the DL. My 15 Day DL stint would be longer than my days active before DFA.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Perfect situation for any pitcher. Going from the AL East to the NL West. It would not surprise me one bit if he pulls a Guthrie. Go there for the rest of the year. Earn a MLB deal for next year and parlay that into a multi year contract. Bud is the definition of an NL pitcher. I'll be rooting for him.

If the Padres wanted him this much why did DD not include him in a trade for Justin Upton. Yet another way DD is ruining this team.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This makes no sense.

Taking a player essentially for the price of free and accepting a player as part of a package to trade away real talent and the draft pick associated with it are completely two different things. Norris had zero value in a trade. Negative value actually.....due to his salary. That's why he was DFA'd and no one picked him up.

Archived