Padres sign Bud Norris

blangtang

This makes no sense.

Taking a player essentially for the price of free and accepting a player as part of a package to trade away real talent and the draft pick associated with it are completely two different things. Norris had zero value in a trade. Negative value actually.....due to his salary. That's why he was DFA'd and no one picked him up.

He's being funny :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> place RHP Brandon Maurer on 15-day DL with right shoulder inflammation.</p>— Scott Miller (@ScottMillerBbl) <a href="

">August 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not me, because then I have to put up with all the whining about letting him go.

Excellent point. We only gave him 40 starts and 272 innings midway through his career. Hardly enough time to get a read on his abilities. It looks like Duquette's up to his old tricks again.

I would rather foul a ball of me and end up on the DL. My 15 Day DL stint would be longer than my days active before DFA.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You could volunteer a DL stint and get PAID! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will gladly "pull an oblique" and go on the DL. But there will be some a-hole on here complaining when I go 1-37 on my rehab assignment at GCL hah.

Soon, you're saying you would get a hit? :beerchug1:

If the Padres wanted him this much why did DD not include him in a trade for Justin Upton. Yet another way DD is ruining this team.

It's all a ruse to let Norris rediscover himself in the NL and then we re-sign him to a cheap two year deal at the seemingly discounted rate of $10 million. In the off season, they trade Gausman to the Cubs where he becomes wildly successful and Norris stinks again.

Then we can all hate on Dan indiscriminately.

Archived