The "other side" to how AM handled this offseason

Sports Guy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both Millar and Payton are free agents after this year. Who cares if we don't trade them? They will be gone after this year.

I'd prefer to see them both traded sooner rather than later, but if Millar stays the only downside is if Scott Moore remains in the minors because of it despite good performance. With Payton, there are serious clubhouse chemistry issues to consider. We don't need to be starting to build something new in a clubhouse still poisoned by the old, selfish ways. Plus Tike Redman can give us everything Payton can with a much lower salary and a much more appreciative attitude about having the privilege of playing in the majors.

SG, how are you be so confident that Huber and Murton could be had for Millar and Payton. Do you honestly believe that AM wouldn't make those deals if he could? Trading crap is a little harder than just saying it should be so on the internet.

SG, how are you be so confident that Huber and Murton could be had for Millar and Payton. Do you honestly believe that AM wouldn't make those deals if he could? Trading crap is a little harder than just saying it should be so on the internet.

I have never said they could be traded for these guys.

I don't think he means Murton and Huber could've been traded directly for Millar and Payton. Those guys were available (at least Huber for sure) but we didn't have the roster space to make a move for them because MacPhail couldn't get rid of our older veterans that are cloggin up the DH/1B/OF slots.

Archived