The "other side" to how AM handled this offseason

Sports Guy

Then obviously you can't trade them yet...But I don't buy that teams wouldn't want some of these guys if you eat most of their contracts and expect very little in return.

You mean other then that we wouldn't be begging for the deals if the players involved didn't suck? :P

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think Zrebiac is blowing smoke about the Ceda, Veal, Gallagher and Cedeno for BRob deal?

I think it is one of many speculations by any number of sportswriters. He's passing along something he heard from some "source" and no more likely to be true than any of the other rumors we constantly hear. But it's grist for your mill isn't it?

You mean other then that we wouldn't be begging for the deals if the players involved didn't suck? :P

Guys like Payton have value to contending teams...He has some speed, can hit lefties and can play all 3 OF positions...He just doesn't have value at 4.5 million dollars.

I think it is one of many speculations by any number of sportswriters. He's passing along something he heard from some "source" and no more likely to be true than any of the other rumors we constantly hear. But it's grist for your mill isn't it?

Well whatever...You can believe it or not...I really don't care.

Nope. He's approaching arbitration, so Ramirez will likely be on the market. That's the type of guy we might get for some of this pitching we're piling up.

Hanley Ramirez is one of the worst defensive SS in the majors. You think Trembley wants him on this team?

Hanley Ramirez is one of the worst defensive SS in the majors. You think Trembley wants him on this team?
I think Trembley would sacrifice his first-born to get Ramirez on this team. Who wouldn't? Even with his poor defense, he's an amazing player.

Guys like Payton have value to contending teams...He has some speed, can hit lefties and can play all 3 OF positions...He just doesn't have value at 4.5 million dollars.
Name the contending teams that currently have a need for Payton.

I think Trembley would sacrifice his first-born to get Ramirez on this team. Who wouldn't? Even with his poor defense, he's an amazing player.

Tejada was an amazing player, but his defensive decline is a big part of the reason he was traded. I don't see us trading good young arms to get another offensively talented yet poor defensive SS under Trembley's watch.

Tejada was an amazing player, but his defensive decline is what got him traded. I don't see us trading good young arms to get another offensively talented yet poor defensive SS under Trembley's watch.
Tejada got traded because his of his offensive decline and the direction of the team. If he was still putting up MVP numbers and we had any hopes of contending, he'd still be here.

His defense really never declined all that much, or at the very least, it never became as bad as Ramirez'.

Tejada was an amazing player, but his defensive decline is a big part of the reason he was traded. I don't see us trading good young arms to get another offensively talented yet poor defensive SS under Trembley's watch.

Who knows, move him down the spectrum if we need to. He could still improve at SS. If not, so what, his bat would play anywhere.

LOL, if Seattle had a need for Payton, AM would have had him in the Bedard deal. This is a joke. Some people just love to hate AM.

How do you know he didn't and didn't want pay any of his contract. In Churchill's "Orange Throat" interview with an Orioles FO guy he stated that they thought Payton was an asset to any deal. I just think the Orioles are limiting themselves by refusing to eat money on any deals. Instead of wanting the team to get better right away, they'd rather wait out the contracts and then have the team get better while forcing talent to rot away at AAA. If we ate some money, we could easily expediate the rebuilding process.

Archived