Mussina was at the game tonight

paulcoates

About half way through the game tonight, they showed an Orioles montage of Mussina's Oriole years and then they cut to a live shot of him in regular old seats and the fans gave him a really nice hand.

Was tonight a special occasion? I was at the game tonight so I don't know if something was mentioned on the broadcast about it.

Anyone?

(Edit:can a mod please correct the misspelling in the title?)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was classy that the O's recognized it and setup that little montage and got him a nice ovation. That or the O's know how he really isn't a big fan of attention and did it to troll him. Either way, I think it's kinda neat that he came out for a ballgame and Cito still sucks.

Think Weams was just pointing out what the M stood for.

I should add.. it's typical for local guys to support their local teams in some way. Mike Matheny would come in Jan and Feb to work with the High School baseball team. Eric Fryer (Twins) wouldn't be in the bigs if it wasn't for Matheny working with him. Oh and his son Tate has turned into a good young OF. Red Sox drafted well there.

My son brought a wrestling teammate with him from Maryland who was a Yankees fan (He does root for the Orioles when he's with us). It was a nice moment for him to see a Yankee given some face time by the Orioles. Classy on the O's part to show a solid starter and mediocre all-time Yankee like that.

Archived