Trying to climb back towards our high water mark

Frobby

Today is the first time the Orioles have been 4 games over .500 since July 5. The high water mark for the season is 7 games over, back on June 28.

We need to get back there and beyond to earn a playoff berth. Hopefully we can make some more progress on this homestand.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question mark (as always?) is the pitching. The bullpen seems to have found its rhythm. Matusz in particular is looking good. The starters in contrast have been fickle. If we can get everybody in a groove down the stretch there could be some magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is exactly breaking news but we match up very badly with the Royals, especially in their park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the Mets are the NL version of the Royals this year. Very strong pitching, but probably not the same caliber bullpen. That is going to be a tough, tough stretch.

I don't think this is exactly breaking news but we match up very badly with the Royals, especially in their park.

And the Mets are the NL version of the Royals this year. Very strong pitching, but probably not the same caliber bullpen. That is going to be a tough, tough stretch.

Can't worry about that. Just put our heads down and try to win each day. These aren't super-teams, just good teams. KC has a losing record against each of New York, Toronto and Boston. The Mets have a losing record to Tampa and Toronto and are .500 vs. the Yankees. Both teams can be beaten.

Compared to the team we sent to Kansas City, this team is much better at 1B and 3B (we didn't have Davis or Machado), and we have more speed in RF. If our starting pitching comes around, we'll do fine.

Our atrocious road record will be our downfall, and nothing points to it improving in the final stretch. We simply don't play well on the road this year against anybody.

We already have improved it somewhat, 8-10 (.444) since the all-star break compared to 15-25 (.375) before the all-star break. It would be nice to win 12+ of the remaining 23, but we might be able to get away with 10-13 (.435) the rest of the way if we continue our winning ways (.649) at home.

Archived