vs. ATHLETICS, 8/17

OFFNY

Honestly?

I would rather give Jimenez 4 then Butler 3.

Butler's ceiling is too low and he could have very easily fallen off a cliff in year one.

Completely agree. We've seen this year that Ubaldo can still dominate when he gets his mechanics in order.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who did they get for him? But yeah I would have tried for a bidding war. Power hitting, good glove 3b don't grow on trees. Beane is good, don't get me wrong but he has moments like that and trading for both Sarmcantspehisname and Lester last year that make me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letting Donaldson go to the Toronto Blue Jays for third baseman Brett Lawrie, right-hander Kendall Graveman, left-hander Sean Nolin and minor league shortstop Franklin Barreto.

First of all, I didn't quote you. Quite a lot of negatives flying around for a guy who's done a lot with the bare minimum.

Fair enough, his budget is a good point but as I said, I really didn't get the Donaldson deal or trading for both Sarmajaza and Lester last year. One I get but both I didn't.

Who did they get for him? But yeah I would have tried for a bidding war. Power hitting, good glove 3b don't grow on trees. Beane is good, don't get me wrong but he has moments like that and trading for both Sarmcantspehisname and Lester last year that make me wonder.

We got one! :2yay-thumb:

First of all, I didn't quote you. Quite a lot of negatives flying around for a guy who's done a lot with the bare minimum.

I think he has made a series of bad moves in the last couple seasons.

I think "his stuff not working in the playoffs" got to him.

I don't think he's bad but the media needs to start looking at his moves with a more critical eye instead of assuming he sees something they don't.

Signing Butler.

Trading for Johnson.

Trading Donaldson.

Trading Cespedes. (I had a thread questioning trading offense for pitching in a weak offensive environment.)

That is not a good two years.

Addison Russell and Billy McKinney for Samardzija and Jason Hammel.

Archived