Upcoming Unencumbered Free Agent

weams

If dollars are similar: Upton>Heyward>Davis>Cespedes. I think dollars will be similar too. All of these guys are going to get 18-22 million a year and at least five years. Upton and Heyward could be looking at 7 or 8 year deals.

Cespedes is literally the last guy I would want to spend big money on. He's a hacker and will be on the wrong side of 30. This team doesn't need another one of those. Upton and Heyward are younger and better overall offensive players that know how to take a walk.

I am definitely not a Heyward fan. No power. Shortstop power. Upton? Maybe. He is probably worth about 18 million for five seasons.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am definitely not a Heyward fan. No power. Shortstop power. Upton? Maybe. He is probably worth about 18 million for five seasons.

I prefer Upton too, but Heyward is a legitimate five tool player. Career .350 OBP and he's averaged about 17 homeruns a year through his career, so that is a bit better than SS power. I think he would do well in Camden Yards. He's also 25. I'd take that plus his upside over Davis and his downside. But you won't hear me complaining if we sign Davis. I just think guys like Upton and Heyward should be option 1 if the FO plans to throw around some cash.

Drew is not really anything like Chris Davis. Anything.

That was certainly worth 2 posts? I said poor man's Chris Davis, and he is a poor man's Chris Davis. How poor is debatable. He has very good raw power and actually better speed and strikes out a ton. As good as Davis' overall numbers are for the season, he's been very frustrating to watch at times - particularly at the beginning of this season and almost all of last season.

Heyward's power hasn't been as good as expected, but he does hit with some power with the potential for more, and he's a great RFer. He's going a ton in free agency. As for Upton, it's more like 18 million A YEAR for 5 seasons.

That was certainly worth 2 posts? I said poor man's Chris Davis, and he is a poor man's Chris Davis. How poor is debatable. He has very good raw power and actually better speed and strikes out a ton. As good as Davis' overall numbers are for the season, he's been very frustrating to watch at times - particularly at the beginning of this season and almost all of last season.

Ok, I guess I see your point.

I think the Orioles will continue to go cheap much like they have most of the past 15 years. I know that they overpaid for Jiminez but I doubt they sign a outside the organization for more than 15 per. It's just not Peter's style for years now. I think they could pony up for Davis.

I think the Orioles will continue to go cheap much like they have most of the past 15 years. I know that they overpaid for Jiminez but I doubt they sign a outside the organization for more than 15 per. It's just not Peter's style for years now. I think they could pony up for Davis.

He just got picked off. No.

Archived