A few impressions

Frobby

You are right, but personally, I don't agree.

You have below average (mediocre), average and above average.

It leads to a variety of opinions about what is what is.

Webster's defines "mediocre" as "of moderate or low quality; ordinary." I'd say Parra's offense met that definition before this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parra leads the team in exciting two hand fist pumps in the dugout that was caught on TV after an Orioles home run. That definitely makes him a gamer and a nugget to some around here despite his mediocre numbers over his career. lol

BTW, Parra's career OPS vs LHP, .599! He is slashing .382/.417/.706/1.123 in 8 games in Camden Yards though. ;)

Parra leads the team in exciting two hand fist pumps in the dugout that was caught on TV after an Orioles home run. That definitely makes him a gamer and a nugget to some around here despite his mediocre numbers over his career. lol

BTW, Parra's career OPS vs LHP, .599! He is slashing .382/.417/.706/1.123 in 8 games in Camden Yards though. ;)

I love that image so much that I made a gif of it last night. I want to always be able to see this when I want to get pumped up. That last little flourish where he brings his hands slowly together just fascinates me. His eyes are on fire there. I'll hold it up on my smartphone like folks used to hold up lighters asking for Freebird.

ParraDugout.gif

Hey, the good news there is his career OPS vs RHP is .779 :) And pitching is mostly right handed. Which creates the need for left handed hitting. Which drives up the importance of left handed pitching. Which... helps right handed hitting. Which...

Webster's defines "mediocre" as "of moderate or low quality; ordinary." I'd say Parra's offense met that definition before this year.

That really doesn't help because you can read that as conflicting. I don't think moderate, low quality, or ordinary are the same thing. Especially in an organization where everyone is on the far right hand curve of the distribution like MLB. People use mediocre as a pejorative term referencing someone who is in a tiny fraction of one percent of the best ballplayers in the world, maybe in the top 50% of the best 700 players in the world.

Archived