Have the O's upgraded enough to win a Wild Card Spot?

wildcard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are one of the smartest baseball men on here. I agree with your assessment. I didn't hear about Josh this morning, thanks.

I keep hearing "once you get in, anything can happen". That may be the case for 1 game or even a 3 game series, but not a 5 game or 7 game (that's the point).

It is about when your team gets hot. Orioles get hot they can play with anyone.

In order for us to get in, we can't lose 15-2 to the Twins.

True that. It also means:

The Yankees can't get in, because they lost 10-1 to the Twins. And 12-2 to the Marlins, and 15-4 to the Rangers.

The Blue Jays can't get in, because they lost 12-3 to the Rays.

The Royals can't get in, because they lost 13-2 to the Red Sox and 12-1 to the Indians.

The Astros can't get in, because they lost 11-3 to the Rangers.

It's going to be an awfully empty postseason this year.

The only reason he hasn't pitched well is that Duquette didn't re-sign Nelson Cruz. Everyone knows that.

That's so funny. So I guess that since our pitching is so bad, we shouldn't be trading prospects for OF rentals then? Only seems to make sense.

A team that loses 5+ of 7 to this Twins team has no business being anywhere near October. It's better to accept that and stop having any illusions about this season. Then if they somehow turn it around, it becomes a pleasant surprise. But I will be fine with a winning season.

A team that loses 5+ of 7 to this Twins team has no business being anywhere near October. It's better to accept that and stop having any illusions about this season. Then if they somehow turn it around, it becomes a pleasant surprise. But I will be fine with a winning season.

I think most realized this wasn't a playoff long ago. We gave away a pitching prospect and kept pending FA's we could have helped to improve our anemic farm system.

No way DD is here next year IMO. He has made decisions based on short term goals, not the long term stability of the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most realized this wasn't a playoff long ago. We gave away a pitching prospect and kept pending FA's we could have helped to improve our anemic farm system.

No way DD is here next year IMO. He has made decisions based on short term goals, not the long term stability of the franchise.

One bad year doesnt usually force a GM change. DD isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

No way he isn't here.

No evidence so far it is our year. This is a gut punch game but it is over now. Will they bounce back? Angels down 3-0 early still might only be .5 game down.

Angels lost.Rangers now tied with the Orioles.Then you have the almosts.Twins and Rays.I don't see the Orioles winning the division or first WC but second is possible. None of these teams are that good and are flawed.The Orioles need better starting pitching down the stretch. Also if Davis goes into one of his strikeout slumps. This team is in trouble. Buckle Up.

Archived