STARTING PITCHING: Potential Help from AAA-Norfolk and AA-Bowie

OFFNY

Why is that sad ???

Gonzalez is struggling badly right now. The whole point of bringing somebody up to help at this point would be because they would presumably be better options than what we have right now.

It would be sad if Gonzalez was getting whaled on like he has been and we DIDN'T have any better options.

Bud was great last year... Lincecum was great until he wasn't... CLiff Lee...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad part is all the guys mentioned might be better than Gonzo right now.

Why is that sad ???

Gonzalez is struggling badly right now. The whole point of bringing somebody up to help at this point would be because they would presumably be better options than what we have right now.

It would be sad if Gonzalez was getting whaled on like he has been and we DIDN'T have any better options.

Bud was great last year... Lincecum was great until he wasn't... CLiff Lee...

I'm not suggesting that those 4 pitchers are necessarily better long-term options that Gonzalez and/or that Gonzalez will not eventually regain his form that has seen him consistently pitch well since 2012.

But in his last 11 starts, Gonzalez has an ERA of 6.48 and a WHIP of 1.629. Something is clearly wrong with him, and because of the very tenuous position that we are currently in in the standings, time is not on our side.

We need help, and we need help now. If any of those pitchers can pitch at least reasonably well for a few spot starts to tide us over until the September call-ups, then I see no reason not to go with one of them.

I'm not suggesting that those 4 pitchers are necessarily better long-term options that Gonzalez and/or that Gonzalez will not eventually regain his form that has seen him consistently pitch well since 2012.

But in his last 11 starts, Gonzalez has an ERA of 6.48 and a WHIP of 1.629. Something is clearly wrong with him, and because of the very tenuous position that we are currently in in the standings, time is not on our side.

We need help, and we need help now. If any of those pitchers can pitch at least reasonably well for a few spot starts to tide us over until the September call-ups, then I see no reason not to go with one of them.

I'm with you. Let's put anyone else out there.

Maybe they're getting rested for a call up in september to help the O's out

I dont understand your point. Rondon and Drake are pitching out of the AAA bullpen. Wilson is injured or else he might be up here already. They will all be up in September.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I dont understand your point. Rondon and Drake are pitching out of the AAA bullpen. Wilson is injured or else he might be up here already. They will all be up in September.

Have Rondon and Drake been pitching out of the AAA bullpen all year? Jeez, I don't go to tides games anymore. How long is wilson out, cause I don't keep up the the minor league boards (even though I should).

Have Rondon and Drake been pitching out of the AAA bullpen all year? Jeez, I don't go to tides games anymore. How long is wilson out, cause I don't keep up the the minor league boards (even though I should).

Wilson is probably out until middle of September. Wright is on the major league DL but should be back around 9/2. Drake is the closer at AAA and has been all year. Rondon was picked up on waivers from Colorado and is bullpen only.

Tim Berry and Eddie Gamboa are also on the 40 man but will not be of any help. Same as Bundy.

Wilson is probably out until middle of September. Wright is on the major league DL but should be back around 9/2. Drake is the closer at AAA and has been all year. Rondon was picked up on waivers from Colorado and is bullpen only.

Tim Berry and Eddie Gamboa are also on the 40 man but will not be of any help. Same as Bundy.

Ah. So what happened to Bundy? Last I saw he was suspended for drug abuse.

Archived