• Last Reply
o

The Royals listed starters vs. the Orioles next week:

Monday: TBA

Tuesday: Danny Duffy

Wednesday: Johnny Cueto

Thursday: Yordano Ventura

The Orioles are TBA across the board.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

UPDATE:

Monday: Ubaldo Jimenez vs. Kris Medlen

Tuesday: Miguel Gonzalez vs. Danny Duffy

Wednesday: Wei-Yin Chen vs. Johnny Cueto

Thursday: Chris Tillman vs. Yordano Ventura

https://twitter.com/masnRoch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norfolk Tides Pitcher Steve Johnson is 3-0 with a 1.05 ERA 25.2 IP 26K's 6 BB's has held IL batters to a .181Ave since June 1st.</p>— Dave Johnson (@DaveJohnson_27) <a href="

">August 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norfolk Tides Pitcher Steve Johnson is 3-0 with a 1.05 ERA 25.2 IP 26K's 6 BB's has held IL batters to a .181Ave since June 1st.</p>— Dave Johnson (@DaveJohnson_27) <a href="
">August 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is coming up to baltimore soon, I hope

The sad part is all the guys mentioned might be better than Gonzo right now.

Why is that sad ???

Gonzalez is struggling badly right now. The whole point of bringing somebody up to help at this point would be because they would presumably be better options than what we have right now.

It would be sad if Gonzalez was getting whaled on like he has been and we DIDN'T have any better options.

Bud was great last year ... Lincecum was great until he wasn't ... CLiff Lee ...

I'm not suggesting that those 4 pitchers are necessarily better long-term options that Gonzalez and/or that Gonzalez will not eventually regain his form that has seen him consistently pitch well since 2012.

But in his last 11 starts, Gonzalez has an ERA of 6.48 and a WHIP of 1.629. Something is clearly wrong with him, and because of the very tenuous position that we are currently in in the standings, time is not on our side.

We need help, and we need help now. If any of those pitchers can pitch at least reasonably well for a few spot starts to tide us over until the September call-ups, then I see no reason not to go with one of them.

Prove me wrong tonight, Miguel.

I have actually seen mentions of Miranda as a September callup, and September is not far away. He seems to have the most upside, and he is on quite a roll right now, albeit at AA. I could see waiting it out with Miguel until September. That would be giving him two more starts to turn things around. Then call up Miranda or whomever looks the best while Miguel gets some rest and works things out in the bullpen.

7 days from today. If you optioned Gonzo you wouldn't even have to wait the whole 10 days. Unless you count their playoffs... Imagine that! Miguel starting one of Norfolk's Playoff games!

7 days from today. If you optioned Gonzo you wouldn't even have to wait the whole 10 days. Unless you count their playoffs... Imagine that! Miguel starting one of Norfolk's Playoff games!

Gonzo could be optioned after tonight's game to the GCL O's and come back on the 1st, since there season is over with. But we would need a SP for Sunday vs Texas.

The sad part is all the guys mentioned might be better than Gonzo right now.

Why is that sad ???

Gonzalez is struggling badly right now. The whole point of bringing somebody up to help at this point would be because they would presumably be better options than what we have right now.

It would be sad if Gonzalez was getting whaled on like he has been and we DIDN'T have any better options.

Bud was great last year ... Lincecum was great until he wasn't ... CLiff Lee ...

I'm not suggesting that those 4 pitchers are necessarily better long-term options that Gonzalez and/or that Gonzalez will not eventually regain his form that has seen him consistently pitch well since 2012.

But in his last 11 starts, Gonzalez has an ERA of 6.48 and a WHIP of 1.629. Something is clearly wrong with him, and because of the very tenuous position that we are currently in in the standings, time is not on our side.

We need help, and we need help now. If any of those pitchers can pitch at least reasonably well for a few spot starts to tide us over until the September call-ups, then I see no reason not to go with one of them.

Prove me wrong tonight, Miguel.

I think that we need help.

Miranda and Doyle both pitched tonight.

Gunkel pitched on Sunday, and Jones has not pitched since Thursday.

Of the 4, I would rather save Gunkel, and use one of the other 3. I'm most hopeful long-term about Gunkel (and perhaps Miranda) than I am about Jones or Doyle, hence I would rather bring him up when he is ready, not out of desperation.

Archived