STARTING PITCHING: Potential Help from AAA-Norfolk and AA-Bowie

OFFNY

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright sent down. Who comes up for the last two games before the break?

Wilson is on extended rest and unavailable. Drake has not been out on Optional Assignment long enough to be an option until Monday. Duensing is on the Sixty Day DL. Aquino does not have the Ten Days in yet. Miranda also is not out for Ten Days optional assignment. Bridwell and Lee are on the 7 day MiLB DL. That does not leave many players remaining that are on the Forty Man Roster.

Wilson is on extended rest and unavailable. Drake has not been out on Optional Assignment long enough to be an option until Monday. Duensing is on the Sixty Day DL. Aquino does not have the Ten Days in yet. Miranda also is not out for Ten Days optional assignment. Bridwell and Lee are on the 7 day MiLB DL. That does not leave many players remaining that are on the Forty Man Roster.

On the 40, that leaves Garcia, Hale, or Tolliver. I know Ashur just had his kid, but thought he may have been on the DL too. You're right, not a lot of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 40, that leaves Garcia, Hale, or Tolliver. I know Ashur just had his kid, but thought he may have been on the DL too. You're right, not a lot of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tolliver has been out on Optional Assignment long enough to recall.

David Hale seems to be on a limited pitch count and innings worked because of a calf injury that has placed him on the MiLB DL twice thus far this season. He has not worked since July 4 however. Would be an option.

Garcia is at Bowie and last pitched on July 5th, he too would be available.

• 4 weeks later...

If the Wade Miley trade goes through, then Jones, Doyle, and Miranda will all be gone.

Only Gunkel remains, and I am glad that he is NOT on the 40-man roster. Just keep him at the AAA level for the rest of the season, as he is gradually finding his way to be successful down there.

Archived