The secret of Zach Britton's unique dominance

xian4

28 minutes ago, atomic said:

I would say he is un-tradeable with his contract. 

I really like Zach. My wife and I briefly met Buck outside ST, super nice guy. I imagine his brother the same. We all wanted a better ending to this story, but let’s not be surprised...because we are bad at this beisboling thing.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Will the O's get back a Mike Wright or Craig Gentry clone?  Along w/ paying 1/2 of Britton's salary.

Just let him walk..Waste of time at this point for no good purpose.  Maybe when he needs a pillow contract after nobody gives him a deal this winter....no, God I hope we are not that dumb. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Just let him walk..Waste of time at this point for no good purpose.  Maybe when he needs a pillow contract after nobody gives him a deal this winter....no, God I hope we are not that dumb. 

They gave Tillman $3M guaranteed coming off an historically bad season. So...

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Watch Machado get hurt in an upcoming game and he'll be worth about as much as Britton in a trade. 

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah watch him blow out an ankle running to hard or something

Or worse yet, heaven forbid, some brawl. I almost want to wrap him in packing peanuts and hide him in the umpire’s closet. 

5 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Yep. Dark times ahead, as with the world.

Things in our world on the homefront are looking pretty good right now.  The best they've been in about 10 years.   Be happy some of the mess is getting straightened out even if its slower than it should be.  The future is bright and its good to see.  Dont let the negative forces that are unhappy drag you down withe them.

3 hours ago, MagicBird said:

Things in our world on the homefront are looking pretty good right now.  The best they've been in about 10 years.   Be happy some of the mess is getting straightened out even if its slower than it should be.  The future is bright and its good to see.  Dont let the negative forces that are unhappy drag you down withe them.

Depends who you ask I guess.

So we get nothing for Britton

What a surprise

Nothing for Jones and Brach also I suspect

We'll probably get something for Valencia who is fast becoming MVO

Will we trade Manny, I actually think its less than 50/50. Most dysfunctional sports franchise in history.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

If we trade Britton it's for a B level prospect and his new team hoping that a change of scenery will do him well.

Britton makes 12 million this year and has a 7 run ERA.  He is not getting traded. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Britton makes 12 million this year and has a 7 run ERA.  He is not getting traded. 

Yea unless we agree to take on some of his salary.  And even then we get a C prospect for him.  Might not even be worth it.  Just have to cut your losses and move on.  Maybe sign him to a cheap one year deal in the winter if the market is unkind to him?  Emphasis on cheap. 

Archived