J.J. needs to go to DL... (Disabled)

EagleOriole

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The failure of Everth Cabrera really looms large now. Buck and DD knew that Hardy would need substantial rest time and tried to address it with that acquisition. Does the fact that they're playing JJ ragged mean they've lost faith in Flaherty? What gives?

The failure of Everth Cabrera really looms large now. Buck and DD knew that Hardy would need substantial rest time and tried to address it with that acquisition. Does the fact that they're playing JJ ragged mean they've lost faith in Flaherty? What gives?

So they signed a player to a 40 million dollar extension that they knew "would need substantial rest time"?

Why would they do that?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Flaherty is in at shortstop. Hardy is sitting. He felt groin discomfort Friday night, played Sat. Buck said Hardy likely would rest today.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">August 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I still don't get why he didn't sit him yesterday.

Never understood why teams insist on trotting out players who are 50%. I agree. He should be DL'd until he's healthy and ready to play at a normal rate. Paul Janish can provide good D, no O. Flaherty plays a passable SS so that's the other way to go.

Them's fighting words to the Flaherty supporters. Best brace yourself for a trickle of posts defending Flaherty's defensive prowess.

Never understood why teams insist on trotting out players who are 50%. I agree. He should be DL'd until he's healthy and ready to play at a normal rate. Paul Janish can provide good D, no O. Flaherty plays a passable SS so that's the other way to go.

Why do you denigrate Flash's ability to perform at an elite level both with D and O? Oh wait....:slytf:

I don't think they DL Hardy. But they need to get him some rest. The question is who is the better SS - Flaherty or Janish. If its Janish they should option Flaherty and call up Janish.

Whatever the choice, JJ needs a few days off.

If Janish was a viable option, he would be here instead of Flaherty!

Archived