I Think I Would Let Wieters Go

Jagwar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless the O's are gutless and don't extend one.

In any case, I'm happy with Caleb Joseph as the starting catcher, and there have to be plenty of smarter ways to spend $15 million (on the tiny chance that Wieters accepts the QO).

In any case, I'm happy with Caleb Joseph as the starting catcher, and there have to be plenty of smarter ways to spend $15 million (on the tiny chance that Wieters accepts the QO).

I think there is a very good chance he puts up career averages or a bit better next year.

Then you know he will refuse the next QO.

Two years ago I held that Wieters was one injury away from being an overpaid first baseman (and that he wasn't worth more than $10M a year)... And then he had an injury... And then, watching the lowlights last night on ESPN, I saw him playing first base, and I realized just how sad that was... I have no concern for Wieters' future at this point. I don't think he helps the Os much at all. The only interesting aspect is whether or not we offer him a QO. As Weams frequently points out, NO ONE HAS EVER accepted a QO, so I don't see how the Os risk much by doing it. At least we'll get something for him...

Archived