The biggest mistake this off-season was not signing Nick... Hundley, that is.

mdbdotcom

May 2014, the Orioles trade for Nick Hundley and suddenly, magically, Orioles starting pitching performs the way managers, executives, and fans had wished they would for more than a dozen years. The O's run away with the AL East and all the way to the ALCS.

Then, this past off-season, Nick Hundley becomes a free agent and signs with the Colorado Rockies (where he has posted an .807 OPS, btw), and Orioles starting pitching falls apart. Slowly, at first, and then it dives like a kamikaze attack, taking the offense and everything else in its path with it.

Could it be true? Could letting Nick Hundley walk be the primary cause of the O's woes?

Probably not, but it's just as likely as all the garbage people are slinging against the wall. Cruz! Markakis! Coolbaugh! Snider! Oh, the indignity of it all.

It would be kind of funny if Nick Hundley were really a good luck charm for the O's. If he's also a good luck charm for the Rockies, think how bad they'd be without him.

So, no, I don't know why this team has gone downhill so fast, when, on paper, it is better than last year's team. It's baseball. It's a game. I guess we lost this one.

And now that I've gotten this out of my system, I will turn this thread over to all of you who know, deep down in your hearts, who's to blame and what we should do about it. Have fun!

He has had a nice year with the Rockies, I just wonder what his stats are outside of Colorado. Regardless, he has looked good.

OPS in the Colorado mountaintops: .967

OPS everywhere else: .630

Sometimes I look at these splits and wonder what the world would look like WITHOUT the humidor.

OPS in the Colorado mountaintops: .967

OPS everywhere else: .630

Sometimes I look at these splits and wonder what the world would look like WITHOUT the humidor.

Thanks for positing sir. I am lazy, I appreciate you looking that up. I assumed something similar. Still a nice year for him. A good fit.

Archived