Adam Jones

fastball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it, but AJ's production could drop off if the lineup surrounding him gets thinner. If Davis is gone and nobody is acquired to replace him, watch out. It'll be all low-and-outside pitches to AJ if that happens. He may never see a pitch in the strike zone again.

if texas offered nomar mazara and lew brinson for jones, i'd do it. Sign someone like denard span to play cf until brinson is ready.

Pacific Coast League No thanks.

Brinson, 21, is hitting .423 for 26 at-bats in the pacific coast league. Mazara, 20, is hitting .351 for 77 at-bats in the league.

Redundant clause is redundant :D

The terms “being injured” and “being hurt” are very different from each other. Being hurt means “having a sensation of pain, physically or mentally” while “injured” implies “to cause or do any kind of harm, such as a tear, severe sprain, etc.”

Taking the example of an athlete, he can play or participate in a tournament when he is hurt. But if he is injured, he must abstain from such events. He must take ample rest and treatment for healing. An injury incurs intense bodily pain and needs treatment for recovering. The part of the body undergoes permanent change where an injury occurs. That part may heal and the player may become fit, but it never returns to its original condition. An injury is associated with sports.

Getting hurt has to do with pain. You may be hurt if you have a bruise or you are pushed. The level of pain is different but you get hurt in all these cases.

We have Adam for 3 more years. If we let Davis, Wieters and Chen walk, we're talking about 8 picks in the top 3 rounds (3 picks for Davis, Wieters, Chen,a competitive balance pick, a pick for failing to sign Hughes (2nd rounder), and our typical 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks). I'd much rather trade Britton than Jones. You use 2016 as a rebuilding year by picking near major league ready talent (college) and also signing young guys like Heyward.

If the O's can't turn those 8 picks into a few serious players (and if 1-2 of Gausman, Bundy and Harvey doesn't turn into an impact starter), then it doesn't matter what you get for Jones. This franchise would be screwed.

We have Adam for 3 more years. If we let Davis, Wieters and Chen walk, we're talking about 8 picks in the top 3 rounds (3 picks for Davis, Wieters, Chen,a competitive balance pick, a pick for failing to sign Hughes (2nd rounder), and our typical 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks). I'd much rather trade Britton than Jones. You use 2016 as a rebuilding year by picking near major league ready talent (college) and also signing young guys like Heyward.

If the O's can't turn those 8 picks into a few serious players (and if 1-2 of Gausman, Bundy and Harvey doesn't turn into an impact starter), then it doesn't matter what you get for Jones. This franchise would be screwed.

Very good points.

as long as they dont pick HS players who need 4 years in the minors, or more.

AND you believe that the Orioles can select more Manny's than Hobgoods

Pacific Coast League No thanks.

I'll assume that was an attempt at humor - given the small sample size and the numbers in the SSS. The key numbers you mentioned are 21 and 20 - and the fact that they played in the PCL at those ages. Mazara looks a lot like a young Nick Markakis - a real solid all-around RFer, and Brinson probably has an even higher upside.

Archived